3rd Runway

This is old news, but I just heard it - that Greenpeace have bought a peice of the land where runway is planned to be. :lol: :lol: :lol: I foresee a long and hard fought compulsory purchase battle ahead.

hunnymonster said:
Rev-O said:
Heathrow is big enough as it is.

It's a place I've avoided for years - I'd much rather transit via Schiphol, Frankfurt or Paris CDG - even Zaventem/Brussels than the public inconvenience that is Heathrow.

+1 for Schipol and CDG (except KLM have a knack of mislaying luggage flying back to Newcastle).

:x :x :x :x

Blyth Spirit said:
soapalchemist said:
This is old news, but I just heard it - that Greenpeace have bought a peice of the land where runway is planned to be. :lol: :lol: :lol: I foresee a long and hard fought compulsory purchase battle ahead.

....may prove to be a waste of money when the Tories win the GE on May 6th. They plan to scrap the plans for a third runway at Heathrow.

So finally a reason to vote Tory! :lol:

(Ducks for cover as 3rd Runway thread turns so political that TSR explodes in a shower of shaving cream :shock: )

Oh please won't someone just think of the children!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjsikRTIX28&feature=related[/youtube]

This Doug Stanhope fellow has it right. But how do we as a race make a collective decision to cut our population? At some point in the future the decision will be made for us. :roll:

:cry:

But hey! Life's not all doom and gloom, have you seen the new TSR brush?? :shave

The Earth will keep on spinning even when we are all long gone. The environmental claims made by the likes of Greenpeace naturally suit there own agenda for maximum impact and publicity. They should really target the building and automotive industry but where would be the public interest story in that? If the economy bumps along for a few more years and oil prices continue to rise, that'll be enough of a brake on C02 emissions for another decade.

That means the likes of Nanny will have to spend weeks on a slow boat to China when she visits Tibet :lol:

Back
Top Bottom