32 Degrees in London, and it's only 9:30

Have been sat in a home office for last two days and seeing temps of late 20's and upwards. Peaked at 34C inside my office today.

My screens were making that hot dust smell you get when you turn the radiators on for the first time in winter !! Had to blow some air through them.

Was connected to remote systems that were being a bit laggy and unresponsive, which i am sure was down to the heat.

It gets hot in here all year round - i never need heating in winter because of the heat the pc's and screens are kicking out.

Have been sat in a home office for last two days and seeing temps of late 20's and upwards. Peaked at 34C inside my office today.

My screens were making that hot dust smell you get when you turn the radiators on for the first time in winter !! Had to blow some air through them.

Was connected to remote systems that were being a bit laggy and unresponsive, which i am sure was down to the heat.

It gets hot in here all year round - i never need heating in winter because of the heat the pc's and screens are kicking out.
So that's where global warming comes from! Ban the internet!!!

38C in South Bucks.
Minimum 30C inside the house, 1980s brick build terraced house.
Reminded me back to my childhood, in Germany, our house didn't have central heating until the early 70s, in winter we got a hot brick to warm up the bed! So brickwork absorbs an enormous amount of heat which makes it quite difficult to keep the inside at a reasonable temperature, despite following all the good advice ....
My parents house was a solid build 1960s detached house, rendered brick walls and concrete floors throughout (2-storey). We used to have very hot summers, due to the continental climate, so in the morning all windows were shut and curtains drawn, and the interior was comfortably cool. And the basement was very handy keeping beer, soft drinks and water cold.

You can get water cooling for your PC.

Screenshot 2022-07-19 175404.png

My pc is air-cooled and was ok. It was the screens that were getting a little hot n bothered.

Just 19C outside here now, but house is still 25C inside. I guess it will take time for it to dissipate the stored heat, even with the windows open and a breeze blowing in.

We awoke this morning with average indoor temperatures still at around 30C and maybe 18C outside. Windows open, there's a breeze! What a joy! Back door open and a huge gush of air brought the average indoor temperature down to 25C within minutes. Humidity is not bad today, so taking the opportunity to get the house aired out before rain later gets the air wet again.

Back
Top Bottom