3 Fraviote Scents or Smelling Soaps

Fox

Hi guy's as you all know I'm currently making a new soap. I am very interested to learn what are shavers best 3 soap scents, past and present. They can be expressed either by scent name like "Bay Rum" or Soap name like "Palmolive stick". I would like them in order, so I can see what is more popular.

The reason for me knowing this information is so I can design scents not to necessarily match those chosen but to get an idea of popular scent types.

The scents I like best are:

- Proraso Red (potpourri style Sandalwood, which might mark me out as a philistine)
- Trumper's violet
- Mitchell's Wool Fat or Valobra (basically a clean, soapy smell)

I also really like Aqua di Parma's shaving cream, but I don't think you're looking to clone someone else's fragrance so I've excluded it.

No idea what the scent is - but i quite like the Macca Root shave cream, palmolive and there is always room for vintage smells like sandlewood.

as a side note:
favourite scents in general - my wife uses "Aussie" Hair conditioner - i love washing her hair as my hands smell of it for hours afterwards (no idea what the smell is but i love it)

My favourites are:
Blenheim bouquet: Lemon, Lime, Lavender, Pine, Musk And Black Pepper
Nancy Boy signature: lavender, peppermint & rosemary
Czech & Speake, Oxford & Cambridge: English and French lavender, peppermint, rosemary, bergamot, oak moss

I guess that makes me a lavender fan

Denzle said:
Anything "Musky and/or Spicey"

Also agree anything with spice, wood, leather, earth, vetiver.

Bay Rum
DRH Windsor/Marlborough (but stronger!)
Mike's Barbershop

I know you said just 3, but just to contrast the super manly scents I also really like Nanny's Eucalyptus and Tea Tree and Ice & Slice.

An amazing new scent I just came across from the states is Bannister & Mann Roam / Synergy Cavendish - (sweet tobacco).

newkie said:
An amazing new scent I just came across from the states is Bannister & Mann Roam / Synergy Cavendish - (sweet tobacco).

I've been looking to replicate a fragrance I encountered in an exhibition at the museum of London (long story) that was meant to represent tobacco. It was heavy and sweet and I haven't smelled anything like it since. Could you describe how those two soaps smell individually?

Back
Top Bottom