2 band and 3 band

Ids

Becides the at actrual colour difference and the presence of the bands, what's the difference if any? Is it purely cosmetic?

Ok, thank you both, so last one is 2 band available across different grades, say best and super? Or a particular one.

I reckon this whole soap/cream brush concept is over-exaggerated.

While a stiff, dense brush will no doubt load hard soap a bit quicker, a softer brush will lather a hard soap just fine. In fact, I've found my medium dense brushes actually create lather quicker than the ultra-dense brushes (more air circulation?). While they may be slightly quicker at picking up soap, that same characteristic will also be harder on your face. YMMV and all that.

My ideal brush would have very good backbone (but not overly dense), yet really soft tips. I have yet to find this Holy Grail - maybe that was Rooney Finest? None of the two bands I've tried have had really soft tips, except Fido's, and that is the closest so far. Not too dense, soft tips, but I wish the shafts were a tad firmer. Almost there..... :mrgreen:

John

This is a TGN finest 2 band bulb set a 46mm loft. Something like this may just be the unicorn milk you are searching for.

img1408c.jpg

There are 2 or 3 custom brush makers on here that could hook you up John.

I have two Ivan. The one above & a beehive with a Shavemac knot. I gave the butterscotch to a good buddy.

I have got my eye on an extreme flat top.........

That's great! Hope he enjoys it! How's the Beehive treating you? That was bell profile right? Which of these two has more use?

Wasn't it Rudy that got the Flat-top from Bernd awhile back? He had the Stag handle given to him by his client right? I loved that haircut!

They get = use. They really are quite different brushes. The beehive is a great brush, I really like the Shavemac 2 band bristle.

You can see it here, 25/49mm <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2065&start=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2065&start=10</a><!-- l -->

Back
Top Bottom