1970s Gillette Platinums

Anybody tried the Gillette Platinum blades from the 1970s? I've a few packets on the way to me and was wondering what to expect. Are they as good as the later "Swede" offering?

1970%20(P1)%20Gillette%20Platinum%20stainless%20stell%20blade%20England.jpg

Yellow Jim said:
Anybody tried the Gillette Platinum blades from the 1970s? I've a few packets on the way to me and was wondering what to expect. Are they as good as the later "Swede" offering?

I had some of these that came with a Gillette Tech, they were lovely and sharp, used in a fatboy on "3" very nice and smooth

Steve

You won't be disappointed.

However if you're worried about being disappointed, send them all to me then your worries are over. :dodgy::dodgy:

I'm not disappointed.

I've been shaving with them for the last two weeks and they're amongst the best blades that I've tried. Sharp and smooth. Just a shame there aren't many around.

Yellow Jim said:

No but I have one single blade that was in my fathers 1970's Army wash kit....should I use it??...it is in the paper and in mint condition! Same Gov. Investors in people insignia.
:)

Back
Top Bottom