SOTD: Saturday 27 April - Friday 3 May 2024.

Wednesday 31st April

AP1GczPWZp4Y142EMNRasi7Mf9AxbVR_CQRopk7FF8xeTQU3jQWQQdgdn7QO9jE0QW22954g1jjejcDY8U6Q8ib7muOIb8_7hRhu6Jzn7T7GneC0eC8HgMQrOpuJq5hPxjITUkxkzqeORX6Vw4_jfh641evyVA=w800

Captain Claptrap Luxurious Shaving Soap & Goodfellas Smile Wild Hog Pure Bristle
Clix Ez-Flow Safety Razor & Personna Platinum Chrome (Israeli) NOS (3)
Old Spice Musk for Men (Vintage) Aftershave

... same again. Again.

20240501_201233.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Aleppo soap.
Bowl Captains choice Obsidian Copper.
Brush Shave Factory Boar.
Soap Stirling Glacial Spearmint.
Razors Leaf and Occam's Oren 3 dot.
Blade Dorco and Feather Pro Guard (10)
Aftershave Jimmy Choo edt.
Head buffer Argan oil.

A lovely shave tonight with the OREN razer and I gave the Spearmint soap a kick by adding my own ground Menthol crystals into my shaving bowl and it did the trick, still not a patch on the Master soap creations offering but it will do.
The new Boar brush has lost all it's new Piggies smell and now it's just a matter of using it now to break it into a nice brush.
The Feather is now in the blade bank after 10 shaves and I am looking amazing.
Have a nice night all.

Thanks for your kind words B. - the Slim Twist has been a bit of a revelation for me - possibly, like others, I was put off this razor by the - in my opinion - frankly ugly stock handle. Too long and too plastic. The one I'm using is the standard head but the handle was modded by @gile with a shorter resin version that matches the handle of his brush shown above. I'll put the razor in my next pic so you can see. I was gifted the pair - with his signature generosity by @Blademonkey - thank you P. I've barely picked up another razor since. Cheers - I.
You're more than welcome :)

Paul

My goodness, how useless I have been. A phone full of shaving photos but damn all written. It is time to wake up you hapless bastard and do some reporting.

So here they are, my last four shaves and the theme, 'Celebrity, celibacy, conviction and celebration'

Celebrity

20240428_210004.jpg

Celebrity razor - Stainless Mongoose
Celebrity blade - Schick Proline
Celebrity brush - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Celebrity soap - Signature Londinium
Celebrity balm - L'Occitane Cade
Celebrity skin....

I also have a hole and it appears to be void of Celebrity status.... thank God

Throw a bunch of well proven kit together and there is only one outcome. A Celebrity worthy shave. Heavenly..... except Brian Blessed, or Shania Twain, or....etc etc

Celibacy

20240429_201428.jpg
Virginal razor - 3ONE6
Chaste blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Abstinent brush - Highlander Marine AFC
Vestal soap - Captain Foreskins Scarpicchio
Immaculate moisturiser - Collagen
Perfect perfume - Goutal Eau De Monsieur

'Sex darling?'
'No thank you. I prefer a drink of tea and keeping my virginity'
'Bollocks'

It is getting towards the day when Marine AFC play in the semi-finals of the playoffs to gain promotion to the next league. Probably some obsolete league sponsored by a double glazing company. Which I guess has to be better than the pulloffs to gain promotion from 'Albert Twislethwaite's used condom Emporium league'

Still, it is time to bring the Highlander Marine AFC brush in to play and pray that its papel blessing really does work. It is after all not every brush which arrives via the Vatican.

It is also an opportunity to once again test the Captain Testicles soap as recently made note of by @pjgh And I am happy you say matey, indeed a wank name but a bloody brilliant bit of soapmanship. As for Captains. Tossers!

Slap it altogether in some kind of shaving order and one delightful shave worthy of a very optimistic football result

Conviction

20240430_164958.jpg

Convicting razor - Stainless Mongoose
Blade conviction - Schick Proline
Convict No.666 - Highlander Marine AFC
Twenty to life - Penhaligons Bayolea
To the gallows - Simple moisturiser
Dead man walking - Floris Elite

Match day. And a damn final worthy shave to take with me. And further use of the Marine brush to add a little more of some good luck to it all. Blessed be the brush.

Celebration

20240430_214132.jpg

20240501_184503.jpg

A match winning razor - Yaqi Excalibur
A Warrington losing blade - Kai Titan mild
A Pope worthy brush - Highlander Marine AFC
A Godly Satanic soap - Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime
Blessed be the scent - Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime

Marine 1 - Warrington Rylands 0

On to play Macclesfield in the final next Monday. I will see where I am in life though as I might just Miss Macclesfield...

The brush fucking works! I have to thank the Pope for his ability to bless shaving brushes and Gile for managing to acheive some kind of dodgy under the counter deal with the church.

The blade was on its last legs, but as if I gave a shit. We win and it was a shave. Perfect.

So far you have been subject to a number of music videos which are not Japanese and you must be thinking, 'what is going on here? No lovely ladies from the land of the rising sun?'

Not to fret I have some kind of Japanese female surf Beatles to sing you out. Who are they? Clueless, but who cares...

And yes, I love you all

Last edited:

SOTD: 2nd May 2024.

44.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Semogue 830.
Face Lather.
Lather: Boots Original Shave Stick.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (4)
Razor: Parker 92R.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Boots Freshwood ASL + ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

Another shave where everything worked together wonderfully....As always the inexpensive Boots Trio was a joy to use making my early morning shave a pleasurable experience. A great shave to finish my shaving week off and to start a new shaving month.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Boots Freshwood ASB.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD: 02/05/2024

Razor: Above The Tie SE1
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 SE, 1st use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Martin De Candre Original Puck
Aftershave: Pitralon Classic Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a nice day!

Thursday 2 May
Today’s shave was definitely a cut above yesterday’s, pardon the pun :ROFLMAO: . Anyway, in the sense that it delivered a smooth bbs 2 pass finish and also that the combo came together perfectly with no drama or blood. The Culmak Spartan brush is a re knot, the blade GEM se naturally, as it’s the best of its type, and the soap a divine mixture of delicious scent which is lasting and smooth. The soap is worth buying not just for its high quality but also the honey depicted on the lid. Just looking at her you think “this is going to be very good”, ;)

Have a fine day fellas!

IMG_0589.jpeg

2024-05-02-08-54-48-040~3.jpg
lovely close shave. feels great after a couple of days of mild ones to let my skin recover from a rough blade. the efficiency and aggression on this weishi are spot on for me. nice little 22mm brush too. smaller and bit stiffer bristles and more backbone so better for digging into a soap. I like the scent of the aftershave but think alcohol based splashes work better for me than witch hazel.

Last edited:
02/05/24
Pre - Dove Original Beauty Cream Bar
Brush - Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap - Faena Dorica
Razor - Pearl Blaze / IKON Bulldog
Blade - Bic Astor (Ελ.)
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Barbour "2016" EDT
Wk 18 (4).jpg
The Pearl is a great razor for the money it goes for, built like a tank and bullet proof. It delivered a cracker of a shave today.
Enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom