SOTD: Saturday 27 May - Friday 2 June 2023.

Just a thought, when you buy a boar brush do you give it a good clean with dish soap before use, it may be the stinky funk on the bristles that is affecting your lather.
As I said it's just a thought because I've never had any problems with lathering with a boar brush.

Paul.
Hi Paul, no it’s not that. They have always had a wash and then several test lathers and then six months or more use before I give up on another duff purchase. It’s either me or my hard water. :(

Saturday 27 May

Blackland ERA Level 5
Personna Super US
Saponifisio Varesino in wooden bowl
HaryAli travel brush

The Hariali travel brush is a heavy piece of kit and quite cumbersome to use when fully assembled. Particularly compared to yesterday’s light no name thin metal handled travel brush. In fact it’s heavy compared to any of the other shaving brushes in my stash so I decided to just used the brush end to apply a creamy subtle scented lather. It worked fine.
The ERA was, as always, a joy to use. Coupled with the Personna it easily achieved a 1 pass, mostly dfs finish but I always have trouble immediately along and under jaw line get at the stubble without removing layers of epidermis. So I took my time on the pick ups and got the job done with no drama.
Positano after shave splash and ready for the day.
Have a good one fellas!

IMG_0094.jpegSa

Saturday 27 May

Blackland ERA Level 5
Personna Super US
Saponifisio Varesino in wooden bowl
HaryAli travel brush

The Hariali travel brush is a heavy piece of kit and quite cumbersome to use when fully assembled. Particularly compared to yesterday’s light no name thin metal handled travel brush. In fact it’s heavy compared to any of the other shaving brushes in my stash so I decided to just used the brush end to apply a creamy subtle scented lather. It worked fine.
The ERA was, as always, a joy to use. Coupled with the Personna it easily achieved a 1 pass, mostly dfs finish but I always have trouble immediately along and under jaw line get at the stubble without removing layers of epidermis. So I took my time on the pick ups and got the job done with no drama.
Positano after shave splash and ready for the day.
Have a good one fellas!

View attachment 106462Sa
Fantastic light! :) - cheers - I.

SOTD 20230527 ABC by IschiaPP @ Forio
  • Brush: Bat71 Cashmere
    Olive Wood, Abalone Shell Inlay, Yaqi SK07 aka Maggard Beige, 24x50x115mm
  • Software: A&B Cosmetics Ribera Set (Sapone 150ml / Lozione 100ml)
  • Razor: Dorco PL602 3-piece hack aka PP603
  • Blade: Vidyut Metallics Pvt Ltd Super-Max Diamond Edge #4
#Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
#ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan
#Test #ShavingSoap #FirstContact
T9SN7NZ.jpg

Full size: 1200x900px
Soundtrack: Mariah Carey - Thirsty (Explicit)

Razor = Wilkinson Sword Sticky
Blade = Vintage Sheffield Special ( 2 )
Brush = Shavemac 400
Soap = MWF
Splash = Skin Bracer
Balm = Nivea Original
IMG_1094.jpeg
After 3 relatively run of the mill shaves,
This one was a welcome change.
A straight 10/10
The Sticky with the vintage Sheffield Special was a dream pairing,
I don’t know why but i always feel Skin Bracer is also a great pairing with the Fat,
Definitely my favourite soap.
Enjoy Your Weekend

27 May, 2023
Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Barbaros TR-1
Blade: Blade: Gillette Bleue Extra
Brush: Shavemac 24/48 D01 2 Band
Soap: Wholly Kaw: Pasha’s Pride
Fragrance: Mousse Illuminée by Rogue Perfumery

another sublime shave with the TR-1, I really can't remember why it went out of rotation for so long... and the older donkey/buffalo milk base (pre Siero) is probably my fave WK base..

20230527_191333.jpg

Preshave - Pears Transparent Soap
Razor - Razorine Flatboy
Blade - Treeton Platinum SS
Brush - TSC Best Badger
Cream - Nivea Liquid Cream
Splash - Proraso Red

20230527_191418.jpg

This Cream seems pretty good for the price on its first use. Not much scent and it took more water than I expected (given that it's a liquid already).

20230527_191507.jpg

Not used a Treet for ages, but I do like these blades.

Flatboy was as efficient and smooth as ever. Nice to be using a "proper" razor again ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom