SOTD: Saturday 28th December 2019 - Friday 4th January 2020.

SOTD : 28th December 2019.

a.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea Minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: APShaveCo ~ 24mm Cashmere Synthetic.

Face Lather.

Soap : Bath House ~ Spanish Fig & Nutmeg.

Blade: Gillette Winner.(1)

Razor: Parker ~ Semi-Slant 55SL.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./Alcolado Glacial mentholated Splash Lotion.

The Real Shaving Co ~ SPF15 Anti-Ageing Moisturiser.

Oud 24 Hours EDP.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...After the comfortable shaves i had with the Indian made gillette winner blades with my previous week SOTD's i carried on with them for another week...Paired together with the parker 55SL made a wonderful smooth non-assertive yet efficient made indian duo mowing through my stubble with effortless ease.

I've only 3 shaves under my belt with the Parker 55SL, but this smooth non-aggressive yet efficient indian princess has claimed the title as my favourite slant razor within my DE razor collection..A superb razor.

A very enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups bbs shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a few generous squirts of Oud 24 Hours EDP to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling extremely devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the last weekend of 2019 ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Date:- 28 December 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Lime
Razor/Blade:- Muhle R89 attached to iKon Bulldog / Wizamet Super Iridium #4
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Today's shave:

rdt191228okkfq.jpg

- Tallow + Steel Madagascar
- Razorock BC Silvertip Plissoft
- Fatip piccolo with Feather blade
- Myrsol Agua Balsamica

:)

28/12/2019

Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Soap: Proraso Red
Razor: Valet VC3 (GB)
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (2)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: CK Be

VC3 GB

The blade seems to be holding up and again i have a DFS+ finish from 3 easy passes.
This Valet is a very easy razor to use and seems to be very forgiving.
2 days to go with the Proraso and then i will start using my other soap's again (cannot wait).
Feeling and smelling good.
Have a great day All.

SOTD : 28th December 2019.

View attachment 50060

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea Minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: APShaveCo ~ 24mm Cashmere Synthetic.

Face Lather.

Soap : Bath House ~ Spanish Fig & Nutmeg.

Blade: Gillette Winner.(1)

Razor: Parker ~ Semi-Slant 55SL.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./Alcolado Glacial mentholated Splash Lotion.

The Real Shaving Co ~ SPF15 Anti-Ageing Moisturiser.

Oud 24 Hours EDP.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...After the comfortable shaves i had with the Indian made gillette winner blades with my previous week SOTD's i carried on with them for another week...Paired together with the parker 55SL made a wonderful smooth non-assertive yet efficient made indian duo mowing through my stubble with effortless ease.

I've only 3 shaves under my belt with the Parker 55SL, but this smooth non-aggressive yet efficient indian princess has claimed the title as my favourite slant razor within my DE razor collection..A superb razor.

A very enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups bbs shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a few generous squirts of Oud 24 Hours EDP to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling extremely devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the last weekend of 2019 ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

@Palmolive fox - enjoyed reading your experiences of the Parker slant. I have a spare Amazon voucher that will more than likely be used for one of these razors. Been intrigued how they perform.

@Palmolive fox - enjoyed reading your experiences of the Parker slant. I have a spare Amazon voucher that will more than likely be used for one of these razors. Been intrigued how they perform.
If your familiar with slant razors,which i assume you are the parker slant is milder 'gentler than my merkur slants.However that's not to say it doesn't perform with smooth efficiency because it does, without being overly-aggressive...As always opinions are subjective.
Hopes this helps. Regards. B

SOTD 20191228.
kpTukEC.jpg

Luna Cosmetics "Nº1" pre shave oil.
Vie-Long foroafeitado SE 2019 synth.
LYAXEYKA_73 "#1" shaving soap. *)
SSSeygus "Extrem" razor.
Rockwell Razors Swedish Stainless Steel (2).
Cien Men ASB.
Loris "So Oud" EdP.
*) Alexei (forum name LYAXEYKA_73) is a Russian artisan soap maker who seldomly gives his soaps a name, that is why I named this soap "#1".

556BEF06-C85B-4F21-9CED-53A8BC7A302B.jpeg

SOTD 12/28/19

Broke out my 1905 Gillette Old Type Single Ring which shaves pretty well for a 114 yr old girl! She breezed through a very comfortable three pass DFS floating on a cushion of MWF. That initial cold water rinse sets the stage for that first pass! This silver plated beauty sang her way through the whisker reduction on my face and dome leaving me feeling clean, smooth and refreshed. All in all a delightful way to begin this 28th day of Decadent December.

RAZOR: Gillette 1905 Old Type Single Ring
BLADE: Suneko
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with PAA's Charcoal-Menthol Cube Preshave Soap
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell's Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Fine Lavender Pour Homme AS Splash

Back
Top Bottom