SOTD : Saturday 27th April - Friday 3th May

SOTD : 27th April 2019.

5.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Hydra Power Mountain Water Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Lemon Flower Soap. / Bloom Water.

Brush: Vie-Long ~ Horsehair.

Face Lather.

Soap : Bath House ~ Spanish Fig & Nutmeg.

Blade: Personna ~ Gem PTFE coated 'Modified'.(1)

Razor: Valet ~ Auto strop VC1.

Thayers ~ Rose Petal Witch Hazel./ Boots ~ 'Freshwood' ASL + Balm.

Greetings,

Carrying on with the cold water shaves,which have been a tonic for my mature rhino type skin...

A new shave set up to start the weekend with a double maiden shave using a vintage Razor & shaving soap.

The Valet Auto Strop VC1 which i bought as a pre- birthday present to myself, after a quick 5 minute soak in near boiling water to remove any nasties ,then a careful clean with dettol anti-baterial soap & a toothbrush,and finally rinsed then a gentle polishing with a clean cloth,and few drop of wahl hair clipper oil to the moving parts to the razor,i was going to give it a quick soak in cold water/barbicide mix, but decided not to as i wasn't sure if it would have a reaction with the coating..besides the near boiling water & anti-baterial soap will have removed any living germs.

The verdict?..Absolutely superb!..After watching a great youtube demo from 'Fuzzy Shaves' how to modify a gem blade for the razor, which worked excellently after a quick hand strop to remove any hidden burrs or imaginary ones from the blade edges i fitted it into the valet VC1 and was ready to start the shave..I really like Fuzzy's approach to traditional wet shaving giving 'straight to the point' no-nonsence superb practical advice, i also like his humour too.:LOL:
:)

The only trepidation i had in my mind was the amount of blade appearance, which to a maiden shave user looks daunting, but as i'm familiar with the Ever Ready SE vintage razors..these daunting thoughts soon dissappeared. I found my shaving angle after a few seconds and was instantly in charge and at ease with this vintage lady...However,like any other razor vintage,modern aggressive or non-aggressive was worthy of no pressure and much respect considering it's blade gap,If not it'll bite you!...

Over the easter break i visited my local tkmaxx store, purely just to a browse, my inquisitive nature attracted me to the mens toiletries section of which i saw the Bath House shaving soap with a sale sticker on it for £4.50p, so as a easter gift to myself i purchased it , not sure if it was going to be any good, but for that price i had nothing to lose if it wasn't i could always use it as a shower soap.The verdict? ...My first impressions are it's a thirsty soap, after a 5 minute bloom in warm tap water then loaded up with my damp horsehair it It took me a few attempts to get it to the consistancy of what i like, but i got it after a few minutes and was rewarded with a excellent lather in no time, adding a good amount of water to the tips of the brush in between each pass,leaving a superb post shave feeling to my face.

The soap is similar to MWF, of which i like very much, it's fragrance to my nose is a very pleasant 'Spicy' scent,will be a great autumn/winter soap, but i will use it if and when i please not just for the colder months of the year.

A wonderful addition to my humble shaving soap collection.

A very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups near bbs maiden shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Boots ~ 'Freshwood' Aftershave Balm.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling devine.;)
;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.
:cool:

Last edited:
image.jpg

SOTD. 27th April

Prep ~ Shower, Aleppo soap 50%
Razor ~ paradigm SE
Blade ~ Proline
Soap ~ OSP Barber Shop
Brush ~ Brad Sears - Gonzo
Post ~ Barts - Bergamont & Vanila Aftershave lotion
Scent ~ Boellis - Panama 1924 edt

This was the last of my OSP soaps that I have been revisiting and very good they all were, I shall be using them for some time to come due to their everlasting nature! :)
A smooth and enjoyable shave was had.

Here's hoping you have a fab weekend........P :)

Saturday 27th April

Cold Water Shave
Heno de Pravia Glycerine Soap
Vulfix Persian Musk Shaving Cream
Vulfix Medium Synthetic Brush
Giles Shaving Co Bowl
CJB with a Feather Super Pro Blade
Alum and Rinse
Witch Hazel
Dove Moisturiser
Denim Musk

I decided to try a 2 pass (WTG/ATG) shave today.....and as I don't normally use a Super Pro with this razor....I was just a little more cautious.
The result was perfect and that is me set up for the Day:)

My Saturday Shave

And a really TSR inspired one

Saturday .jpg

Preshave: Vitos Menthol
Cream: Extro Freddo - Thanks for the recommendation @Rohleder
Razor: Schick Krona - I loved the TSR loan one so much I bought one on TSR :)
Blade: Polsilver kindly sent to me by @Blademonkey the first one I tried I wasn't sure but this one was super smooth :)
AS: Floid Menthol as recommended by @Paul L when I first joined and said I like menthol

My Saturday Shave

And a really TSR inspired one

View attachment 43243

Preshave: Vitos Menthol
Cream: Extro Freddo - Thanks for the recommendation @Rohleder
Razor: Schick Krona - I loved the TSR loan one so much I bought one on TSR :)
Blade: Polsilver kindly sent to me by @Blademonkey the first one I tried I wasn't sure but this one was super smooth :)
AS: Floid Menthol as recommended by @Paul L when I first joined and said I like menthol

Some great looking choices there @RussellR5555

Your placing stress on my spending sabbatical! SWMBO is wondering why I'm not talking to her! [emoji1787]

SOTD : 27th April 2019.

View attachment 43233

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Hydra Power Mountain Water Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Lemon Flower Soap. / Bloom Water.

Brush: Vie-Long ~ Horsehair.

Face Lather.

Soap : Bath House ~ Spanish Fig & Nutmeg.

Blade: Personna ~ Gem PTFE coated 'Modified'.(1)

Razor: Valet ~ Auto strop VC1.

Thayers ~ Rose Petal Witch Hazel./ Boots ~ 'Freshwood' ASL + Balm.

Greetings,

Carrying on with the cold water shaves,which have been a tonic for my mature rhino type skin...

A new shave set up to start the weekend with a double maiden shave using a vintage Razor & shaving soap.

The Valet Auto Strop VC1 which i bought as a pre- birthday present to myself, after a quick 5 minute soak in near boiling water to remove any nasties ,then a careful clean with dettol anti-baterial soap & a toothbrush,and finally rinsed then a gentle polishing with a clean cloth,and few drop of wahl hair clipper oil to the moving parts to the razor,i was going to give it a quick soak in cold water/barbicide mix, but decided not to as i wasn't sure if it would have a reaction with the coating..besides the near boiling water & anti-baterial soap will have removed any living germs.

The verdict?..Absolutely superb!..After watching a great youtube demo from 'Fuzzy Shaves' how to modify a gem blade for the razor, which worked excellently after a quick hand strop to remove any hidden burrs or imaginary ones from the blade edges i fitted it into the valet VC1 and was ready to start the shave..I really like Fuzzy's approach to traditional wet shaving giving 'straight to the point' no-nonsence superb practical advice, i also like his humour too.[emoji38]
:)

The only trepidation i had in my mind was the amount of blade appearance, which to a maiden shave user looks daunting, but as i'm familiar with the Ever Ready SE vintage razors..these daunting thoughts soon dissappered. I found my shaving angle after a few seconds and was instantly in charge and at ease with this vintage lady...However,like any other razor vintage,modern aggressive or non-aggressive was worthy of no pressure and much respect considering it's blade gap,If not it'll bite you!...

Over the easter break i visited my local tkmaxx store, purely just to a browse, my inquistive nature attracted me to the mens toiletries section of which i saw the Bath House shaving soap with a sale sticker on it for £4.50p, so as a easter gift to myself i purchased it , not sure if it was going to be any good, but for that price i had nothing to lose if it wasn't i could always use it as a shower soap.The verdict? ...My first impressions are it's a thirsty soap, after a 5 minute bloom in warm tap water then loaded up with my damp horsehair it It took me a few attempts to get it to the consistancy of what i like, but i got it after a few minute and was rewarded with a excellent lather in no time, adding a good amount of water to the tips of the brush in between each pass,leaving a superb post shave feeling to my face.

The soap is similar to MWF, of which i like very much, it's fragrance to my nose is a very pleasant 'Spicy' scent,will be a great autumn/winter soap, but i will use it if and when i please not just for the colder months of the year.

A wonderful addition to my humble shaving soap collection.

A very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups near bbs maiden shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Boots ~ 'Freshwood' Aftershave Balm.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling devine.;)
;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.

So, SWMBO expressed her liking of the Freshwood AS last night and again when I applied some for scent this morning. Looks like a permanent member of the rotation now!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom