Zombie Apocalypse preparedness

So. Imagine the worst happens tomorrow and inexplicably all access to DE/SE shaving gear ends but access to clean water continues, but you still want to shave. How long before you need to scavenge the rubble for Bic disposables or experiment with Fairy liquid to make lather?

I figure at my current rate I've got four years of blades and three years of soap and cream.
How long would you be able to remain clean shaven if the worst happened?

All you straight edge shavers can stop laughing, we'll have poisoned your strop paste!

I've already decided that a shovel is going to be my weapon of choice so I think I may sharpen a gardening trowel to use as a razor.
If your hard enough to survive the zombie apocalypse then your tough enough to shave with broken glass though

I'm fully stocked up on DE supplies - blades, soaps, creams, balms, colognes etc.

Irrespective that hordes of zombies may be roaming the streets and the dead rising from their graves, a gentleman must always endeavour to look his best...:icon_wink:

Re: RE: Zombie Apocalypse preparedness

joe mcclaine said:
Me and my youngest have already made a pact to leave the missus behind. She'll just slow us down. She's come to terms with this.

Shaving?

I barely shave as it is.

I think you are missing a great opportunity here. If you take her with you she could make excellent Zombie fodder at the appropriate moment allowing you to make an escape.

I've got about 5 years worth of DE blades, plus 3 straights. Soaps and creams I could probably cover 3 maybe 4 years at a push. A/S and balms might only last around 3 years.

For protection I have two pretty meaty cricket bats in the cupboard along with a fairly hefty snow shovel!

Jonty said:
I've got about 5 years worth of DE blades, plus 3 straights. Soaps and creams I could probably cover 3 maybe 4 years at a push. A/S and balms might only last around 3 years.

For protection I have two pretty meaty cricket bats in the cupboard along with a fairly hefty snow shovel!

Cricket bats/Switzerland??

There's an uncommon association.

I reckon I'm good for over 10 years on blades and soaps/creams. A/S and balms would likely run out sooner but I'm guessing my complexion would still look pretty good without it compared to the undead.

At the last count I had 1,800 feather blades, 900 Astra blades, 400 Polsilver SI blades and around 500 other assorted blades - thing is I don't use the feathers or Astras anymore ... - so only around 5 years supply of blades.

I have roughly the same amount (5 years supply) of soaps and creams and aftershave.

So I might need to top up soon ?

With the Undead beating at your door, could you not bring yourself to use an Astra?

I think you should count both them and the Feathers - we are talking about a proper Apocalypse here. :icon_razz:

Umar said:
At the last count I had 1,800 feather blades, 900 Astra blades, 400 Polsilver SI blades and around 500 other assorted blades - thing is I don't use the feathers or Astras anymore ... - so only around 5 years supply of blades.

I have roughly the same amount (5 years supply) of soaps and creams and aftershave.

So I might need to top up soon ?

Back
Top Bottom