Youtube query from a numpty

Evening chaps; before I pose my question, I'm going to warn you that I'm not fully cognisant with advanced IT terminology, so any responses will have to be phrased in a simplistic form so as not to go over my head.:blush:

Recently, I found, on logging-on to Youtube, that the site had changed considerably since my previous visit. I'm not impressed with the site architecture as it removes features such as message inbox and favourites from the home page which I think should have been left as they were. Anyway, it appears that, if I decide to play a video from my favourites list, it automatically plays all the subsequent videos after that video finishes, whereas, before the modifications, it would play the video I chose and then stop. I've tried to find a setting I can change that will disable the automatic playing of the rest of my playlist, but haven't found anything. Does anyone know if that's possible now, or have I got to manually stop the next video in my list from playing each time?:huh:

Good question Chris, I have been wondering that for some time. I too am annoyed at the way YouTube has changed. I keep being recommended videos that two of my favourited channels like, and there is no easy way to surf around YT for current interesting stuff.

I read that YT changed their format to encourage users to spend more time on the site, but it has actually put me off somewhat.

Pig Cat said:
Good question Chris, I have been wondering that for some time. I too am annoyed at the way YouTube has changed. I keep being recommended videos that two of my favourited channels like, and there is no easy way to surf around YT for current interesting stuff.

I read that YT changed their format to encourage users to spend more time on the site, but it has actually put me off somewhat.

Sorry to hear of your frustration, mate, but it is reassuring that I'm not the only one!

Hi Chris at the very bottom of the playlist bar directly at the bottom of the page while you are obviously watching a video from your favourites list move your cursor across and you will see where it says turn autoplay on or off It's as simple as that.

Jamie

pugh-the-special-one said:
Hi Chris at the very bottom of the playlist bar directly at the bottom of the page while you are obviously watching a video from your favourites list move your cursor across and you will see where it says turn autoplay on or off It's as simple as that.

Jamie

It was as simple as that, Jamie; unfortunately that was before the site was "revamped".:mad:

I did that earlier on Chris, perhaps you've hidden the playlist, first of all bottom right side of page click the arrow so you can see the play list then along the left side of the play list bar while playing a video, move cursor along and turn off the autoplay. That's the only way you will turn it off as It's not in the settings.

Jamie

Back
Top Bottom