Your Top 4 Aftershaves

My local chemist has Puig Quorum in stock, I might buy myself a bottle the next time I pass them by.
It’s a great aftershave on the skin. Has a goodly amount of soothing witch hazel and just a hint menthol which cools pleasantly. The scent is marvellous - got the EdT on as I type. The AS actually has good longevity scent wise. I can recommend it very highly.

It’s a great aftershave on the skin. Has a goodly amount of soothing witch hazel and just a hint menthol which cools pleasantly. The scent is marvellous - got the EdT on as I type. The AS actually has good longevity scent wise. I can recommend it very highly.

Cheers for the info. I've noticed I've been reaching for aftershaves that contain castor oil and glycerine more often than not, I find those in an AS with alcohol to work the best for my skin, like Brut, Old Spice and so on. In other words, the classics!

The classics are classics for a reason! They are well priced, smell great and they perform beautifully!

(YMMV as ever!)

Bob-on, that @donnie_arko so buy with confidence.

It is surprisingly effective as an actual aftershave rather than just a weakened frag.

Cheers for the info. I've noticed I've been reaching for aftershaves that contain castor oil and glycerine more often than not, I find those in an AS with alcohol to work the best for my skin, like Brut, Old Spice and so on. In other words, the classics!

The classics are classics for a reason! They are well priced, smell great and they perform beautifully!

(YMMV as ever!)
That’s why I’m so fond of Boot’s Freshwood having the castor in it. I got a wee bottle of food-grade pure vegetable glycerine and I added some to my Benjamin’s along with peppermint and West Indian Bay EOs (I already had these lying around from prior beard oil jiggery pokery buggering about). Ruddy marvellous, so it is! Just enough peppermint to offer the background cooling without being too minty on the scent and super enriched with that wonderful bay stink. I have some organic castor oil somewhere too and have read that it has emulsifying properties so may have to slop some in. Watch this space…

Pix or didn't happen...
O ye of little faith. The Givenchy and Paco Rabanne are later purchases of ones I've had before and decanted into spray bottles. The Givenchy came as part of a travel(?) set, with EDT and soap. I have other vintage aftershaves, too - Polo, Hai Karate, Brut, Fahrenheit, Goya Cedarwood, Yardley Black Label, Imperial Leather, Old Spice and Tabac. I'm given to smelling like a tart's handkerchief (borrowed from a James Bond film).

Vintage A_S.jpg

Last edited:
1. Pinaud clubman (love the vanilla and original equally … yet to try others!)
2. Proraso red (as much as green is nice… red wins by a mile imo! )
3. Noble otter ( same formula, different scents so pick your favourite I guess )
4. Zingari man rescue potion

The only designer fragrance aftershaves I have are Paco Rabanne, Quorum and the original Joop!. I have a few niche fragrance aftershaves such as AdP. But you can't beat the drugstore category, and the natural cosmetic category, Speick being my winner...

Back
Top Bottom