your thoughts required

hey guys i have been useing a d/e razore for a few months now and i am finding it difficult to keep the shape in my goatee beard .
My thoughts are to try a straight razore to keep the shape and gain conifance , i do eventually want to use a straight razore for shaveing .

your thoughts would be appriciated

Hi
I have no problem keeping the shape in my goatee beard, in fact it's now much easier using a DE razor than when I used to use an electric. Never wondered why before... but your question has prompted me to think about it. I think the answer is that I have a very large and well lit mirror in the bathroom that I get up close to without any problem. I also clear any overlaps in the lather with my finger before I shave... so if any lather gets on the beard and I can't see where the edge is, I just scoop it away.
Never used a straight, so I don't know if that would be an improvement. Hope that helps

WiffWaff said:
Hi
I have no problem keeping the shape in my goatee beard, in fact it's now much easier using a DE razor than when I used to use an electric. Never wondered why before... but your question has prompted me to think about it. I think the answer is that I have a very large and well lit mirror in the bathroom that I get up close to without any problem. I also clear any overlaps in the lather with my finger before I shave... so if any lather gets on the beard and I can't see where the edge is, I just scoop it away.
Never used a straight, so I don't know if that would be an improvement. Hope that helps

yes/no

a straight razor is easier to pick spots you have missed because you can go for the individual hairs a lot easier than with a de

Been using a straight for sometime and have a 'circular beard'. find that my problem is distant from the mirror. Just returned from holiday in Florida and found that the modern bath with stone bathroom counter tops wouldn't let me in close enough to really see what I was shaving.
While my 90 yr old sink and medicine cabinet mirror set up at home let's me see every hair.
You might want to try with reading glasses on.☺

It's for real...

GoateeSaver2.JPG

I wonder what the girl is thinking...hope the prick chokes on it?

OP, get a marker and some clippers.

Back
Top Bottom