Your recommendations please...

Morning all,

Wanted to get your recommendations on a good aftershave balm and also a splash, as of all the things in shaving world these two I've tried the least of,

Currently use nivea for men post shave sensitive balm, which does the job for a fiver but it feels a tad thin...

Splash I use tabac splash which I use now and again, again I do like it but don't love it, wouldn't be in a rush to buy abother.

So aftershave balm that can be a go to (sub £20)
And a nice splash to use when I shave before I go out of an evening

THANKS ALL

I'd suggest Myrsol Emulsion from Gifts & Care, which should, with TSR discount and postage from Spain sit comfortably in your price range, especially if you opt for the plastic bottle . Very gentle and soothing pre and post balm which is good for both soothing and conditioning the skin.

JohnnyO. o/

Another Spanish (and also Italian) recommendation... FLOID! Really great aftershave splash. Both the original and blue are excellent. Great scent and post shave feel...a real classic..I even use the Floid blue EDT...very light and fresh.
As for balms...I am using Nivea Men skin Energy which is thicker and more moisturising than the Nivea post shave balms...I really like it.

I don't know any Myrsol stockists in Gt Britain, however I order it online from Gifts & Care shaving supplies in Spain. They're longtime friends of TSR with whom I have no commercial connection. Ordering from them is as easy as from a British supplier ( being in the EU ) with no potential customs hassle. Only drawback with browsing the site is that , if you're like me, there's an awful lot to tempt ! There is also a TSR discount, although unfortunately I don't know the current one. ( The Floid Blue cologne is awffy nice also ).

JohnnyO. o/

You can get Myrsol from both shavelounge and shavingstation. Good stuff. Floid Blue is nice also.

Oh and if you want an aftershave that smells nice and lasts a bit longer look for Fine Accoutrements at the above as well.

I see some of you like the floid products. I think they are good but I have always found the Taylor,s OBS and the Alvarez Gomez a bit more charming. From TOBS my favourite is Eton College

Take a look at the Meissner Tremonia balms. I'm most certainly not a balm man and so have not tried them, but their soaps and aftershaves quite literally blow practically everything else out of the water ... so one could assume their balms are likewise.

Speick after shave splash and after shave balm.

I recently bought some of each after seeing a you tube recco. The scent is a combination of fresh citrus and a herbal element from the alpine speick plant. I was a bit wary of using an alcohol based splash because I have dryish skin but the splash is great. Refreshing but calming. It contains witch hazel as well as alcohol and a lovely face feel. I just add a bit of the balm a few minutes later in the areas which tend to dry out. Moisturising but not thick or greasy. I bought these two along with a tube of Speick shaving cream and a Speick face moisurizer, from a German retailer and all 4 worked out at £24 delivered to the UK. I would prefer to support a UK based retailer but the price difference is considerable.

Last edited:
Greetings
I really like Astral Soft, it's a moisturising cream in a tube, made in Britain and developed for Grannies, many on this forum take the piss about it but I suspect few of them have tried it. It is simply a light, rapidly absorbed moisturiser, there is absolutely no feeling of greasiness with it, it does contain some alcohol. It costs tuppence ha'penny a tube (actually £2.99 ) but is only available; as far as I have discovered, from Superdrug. It has a nondescript scent that lasts all of sixty seconds.
http://www.astral-cream.co.uk/the-truth-about-astral/astralsoft.ashx

Regards
Dick.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom