Your daily driver

Colonial Razors "The General" Brass SE.
A great razor that never gets boring! Whilst the brass absorbs any warmth from water.
Easy to find the angle and very efficient without being over aggressive,
Makes a lovely sound as it fells any stubble in it's way.
Some have said they find the handle slippy but I have NOT had any issue like that and if I did,
an alum block will take care of it.

Up until last week my go to razor was my Rockwell 6C
I have loaned it to my son, and he has returned my Merkur 34C
After using the 34C a couple of times, I can see me reaching for it over my others razors.
Smoothness wise, it's as good as the Rockwell. The shorter handle and less bulky head make it very usable.

...weekly, sometimes monthly rotation. For the last 12 months I have mostly been rotating through 3 DE's - Progress, Olaf Rasmussen and Weber PH; all goldilocks DE's for me...

Timeless 0.68.

The R89 took some shifting but I just manage such wonderful shaves with this razor. So much in love I am going to order another in the next week or two.

Mine is the Rockwell 6S.

I've owned the 6S for around four months and absolutely love it. I've tried all the plates and found the best for me, is plate 6 for all three passes.

I've tried quite a few combinations with it to (still have three or four more blades to try, Feather, Perma Sharp, Rockwell, Voskod), but I have found the two I like best so far are the Astra SP, Shark.

Personally I've found that even with using the most efficient/aggressive plate for all three passes. I get no irritation/razor burn, due to me not having to go over the same area anywhere near as much as I did with a lower number plate. Sometimes using a more efficient/aggressive razor, can give you less irritation/razor burn, than a milder one, due to it removing the need to go over the same area as much.

I really like the heavy weight of the 6S, as I find it much easier to use only the weight of it, and no pressure, as opposed to using a light weight razor and then having to use and remember how much pressure is needed to get the thing to shave, and shave comfortably.

Back
Top Bottom