Your Best Shaving Acquisition Of 2010!

Razor:- IKON HP Stainless Bulldog (I have both heads, but use the standard as my daily shaver - its GR9)
Brush :- New Forest 2202 - I love it, I like the size, the knot and the handle.
Blade :- Gillette Yellow 7 O'clock. Better than the Bleues and much better than the Super Silvers IMHO. Im even debating getting rid of my thins to stock up on some more yellows....

Barely 3 months in, it's hard to nail something down as my BSA2010…

I would say that my Chrimbo pressie of the NF Silvertip has to be up there. It's definitely added something to my shaving…

Would say that MWF is mostly awesome as well… Gillette Thins (courtesy of a very kind PIF) have become a favourite in most of my razors (though not the Feather Portable, oddly enough) and have been bulk-ordered (along with Astras and Bleues).

Not sure that I can pick a favourite razor yet.

Looking forward to continuing the journey in 2011 – anyone else up for the ride? :D

Have a peaceful and prosperous New Year, folks.

Lipsy

JohnnyO said:
My first ever SE (an Ever Ready travel) which has totally changed my choice of razors after over 50 years.

JohnnyO. :shave

Blimey! That's some revelation right there!

For me it's a toss-up between the Trumper Razor (Chatsworth clone) or the New Forest 2201.

Ian

Lipsy said:
Barely 3 months in, it's hard to nail something down as my BSA2010…

Same here! Although 6 months in.....

If I was forced I'd say my Fatboy, since it's been replated it not only shaves great, but looks great too! A very d
flexible tool I can use in a wide range of (shaving!) situations ;)

I like the shaving bowl I got from Edwin Jagger, I bought a black porcelain one with a silver rim. A very elegant thing to have sat there in the bathroom, but it's not all form over function, it's shape actually works very well. It makes lathering up a real pleasure, especially with creams, it's effortless compared to palm lathering or cereal bowls.
I'll post a picture tomorrow, bit rushed for time just now.

its a toss up for me, as its been a good year for me. I found the shaving products which worked best for me.

I'd say probably my Edwin Jagger DE87 razor. But i'm torn between it, and the superb TOBS Jermyn street sensitive shaving cream. Both are some of the best products i've ever used.

P1000349-1.jpg

Regards

Ian

Back
Top Bottom