Your best fragrances during 2012

YorkNeil said:
Creed Santal for me - really complex
And for everyday - Proraso; clean, fresh and barbery.

This year I feel it will be Tom Ford original - tried a bit in Fenwicks yesterday. Impressed.

Still haven't quite got my head around all the Tom Fords, but the original and Extreme are definitely worth a try!

Loving my AdP - Colonia Intensa and Collezione Barbiere. Late contender for 2012 - Floid "The Genuine". Really nice too, lasts for a decent length of time and nice scent.
2013 is the year of the scents for me have been stocking up over Christmas and New Year with 4711, Pinaud Clubman, Pinaud Lime Sec, Angel Schlesser Homme Essential, Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel, Floris Elite and Floris Santal. Also in Walker's Colognes PIF as I really fancy a Vanilla/Tobacco scent too.

The missus is concerned I am over grooming!

Jon

For me I think it's been my venture into the House of Caron!

I've got Yatagan, Pour Un Homme and L'Anarchiste and I think my favourite is just about Yatagan, but they are all great and I would definitely buy them all again.

Tall_Paul said:
For me I think it's been my venture into the House of Caron!

I've got Yatagan, Pour Un Homme and L'Anarchiste and I think my favourite is just about Yatagan, but they are all great and I would definitely buy them all again.

I've got a 200ml bottle of Pour Un Homme and 115ml (or somesuch) bottles of Yatagan and Troisiemme Homme.

Caron is a very good 'house' with exceptional colognes at ridiculous prices - if you know where to look ... fragranceX

Yatagan is an absolute classic and totally unique ... or it was until Etat Libre d'Orange released Eloge du Traitre ... which is a total dead ringer but more expensive (don't buy it!!!).

Would have to go with Histoires de Parfums , Ambre 114, 1725 Casanova and 1740 Marquis de Sade.

Also Dior's Homme and Homme Intense which i think smell better now than when they first come out. Some reformulations that actually work.

As I enjoy Tabac shave soap I decided to try Tabac Aftershave.
1st time this morning, got into the car with my wife who quickly said: "" what are you wearing?? You smell like an 80 yr old woman in a nursing home!!""

Think she'll get use to it??

Johnus said:
As I enjoy Tabac shave soap I decided to try Tabac Aftershave.
1st time this morning, got into the car with my wife who quickly said: "" what are you wearing?? You smell like an 80 yr old woman in a nursing home!!""

Think she'll get use to it??

I'm pretty sure she meant that as a compliment. Sounded to me like she was saying it was a pleasant upgrade.

Yeah, I'm sure that's it. Be sure to use twice as much tomorrow and for every day after. I don't have to tell you how much I love that scent.

Getting some crap weather around you so far? We got nothin here in Chi Town......no snow and no ball busting cold temps either. Almost but not quite tropical.

I always found Tabac a bit too flowery for my tastes.

Wife liked it when I wore it but it was me who had to smell it all day.

Back
Top Bottom