York

taking the wife for a wee break in the near future

anything shave related i should know about in the area and as a side note any local recomendations for things to do\see
places to eat etc

cheers

hando said:
taking the wife for a wee break in the near future

anything shave related i should know about in the area and as a side note any local recomendations for things to do\see
places to eat etc

cheers

There's a shop in the town that sells loads of Trumper's stuff.

There a great little whiskey shop.

And a Penhaligon's outlet where you should be able to get most of their stuff for well below half price.

The Penhaligons is out of town in at a retail park. There's a C&E in the town centre and there's an old style chemist shop (next to Betty's on St Helen's Square) that has plenty of Kent, ToBS, Tabac, Vulfix type gear. At least it did last time i was there a few months ago. It's not a shaving mecca by any stretch of the imagination, but there's something for everyone. :)

simmo3801 said:
Slightly off thread so apologies Hando, but I take it the Penhaligons outlets do mail order, or is it just counter trade?

You can phone 'em and they deliver.

Not the full range (no newer stuff) and mainly unopened tester bottles (no boxes or fancy ribbons).

Tel no is on here somewhere but certainly on Penhaligon's web-site.

Am bored, I have a small child who'll wake up screaming for his bottle in an hour or so:

Penhaligon's York. 22 Unit 12 McArthur Glen Designer Outlet St Nicholas Avenue Fulford York YO19 4TA. Telephone: +44 (0) 1904 679 151

Enjoy, sir - is it your first?

My little 'un's our third… I haven't had more than 5 hours' sleep since mid-August… Tired doesn't even cover it.

Lipsy

Back
Top Bottom