Yo! Bro pimp my Kropp

Well you would have seen the razor a few weeks ago in another post, after my mishap dropping the razor and breaking a small piece off the blade, which resulted in me giving it a regrind, well now she's been pimped by Pugh, I was gifted a pair of acrylic slabs off the very kind graham, AKA the Exile, the only problem the slabs were a bit to small length wise for a standard razor, so I removed the toe of the Kropp and placed the pins pretty much as close to the edge of the scales a possible, I put larger washers on the pins nearest the tang to give it more strength and more stability, the scales were a bitch to work, but they do have some lovely colours once polished, anyway on to pimped Kropp hope you approve. PS could also be described as a bit self indulgent folly, I will give it a shave though would look pretty in a shave of the day shot.

Jamie.

pimpmykropp012.jpg

pimpmykropp013.jpg

pimpmykropp014.jpg

pimpmykropp010.jpg

pimpmykropp015.jpg

pimpmykropp011.jpg

Hi, Nic, my usual method starting with wet & dry 120 grit because the surface of the acrylic was fairly rough, the up through the grades, 120, 180, 400, 800, then a mix of safe cut, and T-cut metal polish plus a fair amount of elbow grease.

Regards
Jamie.

Very nice the wedge looks fantastic too. I only use these colourful scales on razors that have had a major modification so for this razor I think it look is fantastic. I think you did the right thing with putting the large washers on the pivot pin with it been so close to the edge.

I can also confirm that the blanks were VERY rough cut. I sent the slab to school with my son and his metalwork teacher did them for me. Since these I have bought a bandsaw so I now only have myself to blame for the bad cuts.

I also have to say you take very good photos of your razors especially close up shots.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to your next project.

Another nice job Jamie, I approve wholeheartedly. Fancy acrylic comes in really inconvenient sizes so far as I can find out, either a bit too short or huge floppy sheets, a real shame when there are such nice varieties like this. Given the garish celluloid scales which turn up now and then on pre-war razors, I reckon this kind of material is quite appropriate for blades of that sort of vintage. This is quite a tasteful looking material in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom