Yet more North American synthetics - this time from Maggards

Hey guys
Have any of you experienced any shedding? Had mine 2 days now and it has lost at least 20 fibers. As this is my second synthetic, I am not sure if this is the norm for this type of brush.
I have a plissoft and a pure satin tip synthetic, and neither have shed any fibres for me.

Or Pakistan where they have their razors made. But yes all these so called great synthetic brushes from these American vendors probably come from China.

That would be my guess.

IMO, one is merely wasting money on synthetics for anything beneath the MÅ«hle silvertip & black fibre synthetics. They are the best and not really that expensive. I use one everyday.

I don't think that any of the North American suppliers make any claims to their brushes being of 100% domestic manufacture.
I'm not a knot expert, but the Stirling and Razorock brushes don't seem any different to the three Plissons I have, apart from being a fraction of the price. Are Plisson knots Chinese?
My Muhle brush (V2), apart from being synthetic, isn't really comparable to the Plisson knots. It's coarser and more badger-like, and satisfies my liking for a bit of scritchiness.
The only synthetic that doesn't get much if any use is an Omega Hi-brush, and that's because it has none of the attributes which I like in the Muhle and Plisson/Plisson style brushes.

They don't make the claim indeed, but they act like that those products are all that special. While in fact they just import all that stuff from the countries they hate so much. I would never buy a razor or brush from one off those own brands stores, I rather buy directly from the source.

They don't make the claim indeed, but they act like that those products are all that special. While in fact they just import all that stuff from the countries they hate so much. I would never buy a razor or brush from one off those own brands stores, I rather buy directly from the source.
A laudable aim, but it's not always possible. I'd agree that it's a bit pointless buying an (for example) obviously rebranded Parker razor when you can buy the Real McCoy. On the other hand, I'd be hard put to look at a Maggard or Razorock zamak razor, identify it as being made by X, Y or Z in India or China, and then try to buy it from there. A lot of stuff is also made with the express purpose of being sold to retailers in the West for branding and selling on to us; and, as I understand it, that is the way that many of those manufacturers, be they big or small, find a market for their products and thus make an income.

A laudable aim, but it's not always possible. I'd agree that it's a bit pointless buying an (for example) obviously rebranded Parker razor when you can buy the Real McCoy. On the other hand, I'd be hard put to look at a Maggard or Razorock zamak razor, identify it as being made by X, Y or Z in India or China, and then try to buy it from there. A lot of stuff is also made with the express purpose of being sold to retailers in the West for branding and selling on to us; and, as I understand it, that is the way that many of those manufacturers, be they big or small, find a market for their products and thus make an income.
I done it, I have pinpointed Maggards Safety Razor manufacturer down and imported the models by myself to sell them in my Facebook community. It took some trouble finding his manufacturer, but in the end they gladly wanted to sell to me when I told I was from The Netherlands and not the USA.

And believe me they are selling these safety razors with a very big profit, because I know actually how much they are when bought wholesale from the manufacturer. They even will put your own brandings on these handles, and delivering them with leather pouches ( Which these vendors sell at high prices, even though the manufacturer gives these pouches almost free of charge with the razors ).

Back
Top Bottom