Yaqi Telstar

C. - from double-edges to Yaqi AC's - there is an interesting thread - copied below - from the Damn Fine Shave forum about the Excalibur/Raster including comments from the guy who owns Blackland Razors - funnily enough he is well fcuked off. It's a fair discussion of the copy/stolen/borrow debate. Looks like it contains contributions from some of our own members - I.

Feel free to shoot me down, but here are my thoughts on this topic . . .

I understand where the Blackland owner is coming from.
On the other hand, not everyone can afford a razor that costs well in excess of £150.
Clones/knock offs can give some people the chance to experience something close to the unobtainable.
Perhaps we should ask ourselves if there is really value for money in a £200 razor or a £100 Brush??
Let's face it, we could get by with a plastic WS razor and a £10 Yaqi brush.
Elitism is rife on some shaving forums, and it seems to make people strive to own the latest expensive shiny razor.
Those who are in the 'cheap seats' have little choice other than clones etc.

Looks like a copy of the Lupo head. Managed to snatch one in Wednesday for £24 incl. VAT- I think I accidentally stumbled in to one of their live sale things when procrastinating.
I reckon it's like the Lupo crossed with one of the heads Lemonwald, Haward and others sell. The base plate looks much more than that of those that that of a SS Lupo.
It's almost like they took one of those and then they tried to make it more like the Lupo.
HAWARD-Rose-Gold-Razor-Classic-Double-Edge-Safety-Razor-For-Mens-Shaving-Womens-Hair-Removal-10.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp

They have a new head called the title which looks like a Henson ‘homage’ or copy. This one’s even cheaper. View attachment 82029

Some reviews say it's similar to a Henson TI22 medium in terms of aggressiveness, others an R41. Guess it's just luck of the draw if the machining is that wayward :eek:

There's also yet another new SS head on their site. No reviews to date and very sparse specs: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....store_pc_newArrival.8148356.1.3595dc43eIp4qz

Back
Top Bottom