Xbox One

Will get it next summer. As for the comments saying the ps4 is better? Seriously? the xbox was better than the ps2, the 360 was better than the ps3, so why will the ps4 be better than the xbox one?

I've got two ps3
Bought the second cheap for the blu ray but just given to the boy

Will get rid of the wii and spend the next year buying ps3 games for him cheaper now.

Would contemplate the ps4 now but there is no backwards compatibility

Poor from playstation

Mr_Smartepants said:
Hope your PS4 isn't plagued by the problems in the rest of the pre-orders. If the Amazon ratings are anything to go by they are suffering a 50% failure rate.

As with all new releases this was bound to happen, 50% is a bit far fetched, the actual failure rate is 0.5%. And as shown below the XBone is not immune.

A number of Xbox One owners are reporting that their consoles are being bricked after downloading the Xbox One's day one update.

Those reporting the fault have said that they are getting an E100 error code after downloading the update.

If you check Microsoft's Xbox One troubleshooting page, error E100 denotes the following: "This indicates that there was an issue while updating your hardware, and that you'll need to submit your console for a repair."

There seem to be two separate issues that are being picked up by Xbox One users.

Some are finding themselves stuck in a loop when downloading the day one update, with the Xbox One saying, "it's time to update", then, "there was a problem with the update", before repeating the process over and over.

However, some are saying that this issue eventually resolved itself and the day one update was successfully installed.

When it comes to the error E100 problem, it seems that the fault is a more serious issue.

As of yet, there is no known fix for Xbox One's bricked by the E100 error.

There have also been reports of bricked PS4s, although in that case, there seems to be a viable fix.

Johnnie said:
Will get it next summer. As for the comments saying the ps4 is better? Seriously? the xbox was better than the ps2, the 360 was better than the ps3, so why will the ps4 be better than the xbox one?

Where they all better than the playstations? Really? Or is that just your opinion?

Oh just seen that he is banned, figures!

My boys (22 & 13) are all PS4 and are coming from owning XBox360 and PS3.

All their mates are the same - they don't know anyone who is getting an XBone.

I can only see this battle having one outcome.

I probably won't get a look-in, then again I haven't really played much since Zelda on the N64 and Tomb Raider / Final Fantasy VII on the original Playstation.

Having seen both running next to each other in a local store I have to say there's noticeable differences in the graphics quality with PS4 superior (though of course both are noticeably better than there forebears). But what clinches it for me is that in order to use any of the extras that need connectivity on the X-box you have to have an x-box live subscription (netflix etc..), which you have to pay for. To hell with that, I'll take a PS4 please..

No, me too Peter. Ever since I saw a few degrees go down the pan at Uni after playing too much Doom, tbh I know it would be like taking crack so I've avoided them like the plague for twenty years but I really fancy a driving or boxing game plus I'm under pressure from the boy who is of age. Anyway gamers with the new boxes coming out it must be a good time to take a punt on the old stock but which one?

Back
Top Bottom