WTF in Italy

Amici

I am off to Italy shortly for a few days. I have advance scouts out there, but they are struggling to find much in the way of Italian shaving soaps, brushes etc. Any tips for where is best to find this stuff? Do you need to go to barber? Pharmacy? Supermarket?

Many thanks for those in the know.

Supermangs.

i bought an aftershave called Patrich Noir for about 3 euros. It is amazing. I picked it up in a store that sold everything - if you are in Rome you'll see them everywhere. it has a very classy scent.

I'll be there in a few weeks. Our hotel in Florence is a block away from the main SMN store near the basilica.
I'll be keeping my eye out for the new Cella range. Proraso stuff you should be able to find in any supermarket.

Proraso is readily available globally (which is good) although it doesn't thrill me. I am hoping to get some brush action if possible and generally some cheap local items.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

I can offer no insight, but have a nice trip. I've always wanted to visit Italy, unfortunately as yet I've not been.

I find it quite satisfying tying in a hobby/interest with a holiday, but this normally involves beer or beer making so SWMBO doesn't agree.

My wife and I were in Florence and Pisa last year. I caught a horrible bug on the flight there and spent 5 days coughing my lungs out in 35 degree temperature. As beautiful as Florence is, it was miserable. Venice, in late January, on the other hand, was perfect. There was a tobacconist one block from the Hotel Rialto that sold Cuban cigars for half what they cost here.

@flip-68 I grabbed a Proraso brush for 6 euros in a supermarket. I think it is the Omega you refer to. A steal compared to almost £12 on Amazon. Proraso at every corner but only green which I am well stocked with. I may pick up a few local smellies.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom