Would you guy's say there was new good/which steel under £100???

That sounds bang-on, Billy. Less than £20 and nicely prepped too!

*bookmarked*
Its a Lovely Blade..Scales are on the Cheap but there is something Cheeky about them that I actually like..He does the 66 Model for less than 20 Quid Posted..The 208 was £25.50 Posted..Billy also provides a follow up Honing Service on these..He was informing me yesterday that he doesn't reckon they are Stainless..He reckons they are a Very Hard Carbon Steel & Very Good Steel at That..:D

Billy

Its a Lovely Blade..Scales are on the Cheap but there is something Cheeky about them that I actually like..He does the 66 Model for less than 20 Quid Posted..The 208 was £25.50 Posted..Billy also provides a follow up Honing Service on these..He was informing me yesterday that he doesn't reckon they are Stainless..He reckons they are a Very Hard Carbon Steel & Very Good Steel at That..:D

Billy

Sounds like a proper bargain and a decent chap too. If he can prep them from scratch to a high standard (which it appears he can) for £20-£25 delivered, you're getting the razor virtually for free!

Any idea how much he charges for his follow-up honing?

Sounds like a proper bargain and a decent chap too. If he can prep them from scratch to a high standard (which it appears he can) for £20-£25 delivered, you're getting the razor virtually for free!

Any idea how much he charges for his follow-up honing?
I never asked him..He is very approachable though..He has worked on that blade from Top to Bottom & Reckons it shouldn't need any further work for a long time if stropped correctly & refreshed every now & again with Chromium Oxide..He is getting Stainless Dovo Razors sent to him from the Box that aint anywhere near Shave Ready..In his Own Words.."They look Pretty" but he reckons the Dollar is Better Steel..:)

Billy

Hi Si,
Like mbnu said I do a 6/8" half hollow for £120, for a while I did a 5/8" for £90 but I had to stop, my thumbs are about an inch wide so I always ended up grinding them almost as much as the steel so I had to stop nefore all I had left where bloody stumps for thumbs ;).
This is what one of the standard 6/8" look like.
6-8.jpg 6-8.j.jpg

I have been shaving with & restoring straights for almost 2 years. Been into knives much longer than that but I have never found the need to buy a new razor. With all I have learned from places like this, SRP, B&B, & R&S I knew what to look for as far as damaged beyond repair blades & scales. I have yet to pay over $30.00 for a straight & have paid as low as $3.00 a piece for three of the best razors I own. Many of the new razors look like they came from a Star Trek set & of those I have tried I don't care for a one.. I rather be disappointed with a $10.00 that a $100.00 razor.

Back
Top Bottom