Worth dumping Boar for Badger hair?

I have a White Omega 49 pure bristle brush. But, at the risk of getting bashed it's not giving me a good lather or coverage. Is it worth getting a badger brush?
I'd rather not spend over £15 if possible.

I don't think you'd be very happy with a badger brush at your price point of <£15. At that price point, however, there are very many good boar brushes. One that I'd suggest is the Badger & Blade Essential boar made by Omega, which is sold exclusively by West Coast Shaving in America. I have one of these brushes and it never ceases to amaze me how good it is; I find that it competes very well with most of my 20 badger brushes and I prefer it over my Muhle Silvertip Fibre.

Dave Q said:
I have looked on the TSC site and spotted some at around £30~ mark. Would that be a better price range?

I got an Edwin Jagger Best Badger with stand off amazon for under £20, I'm quite happy with it, price has crept up now tho for some reason.

Dave Q said:
I have looked on the TSC site and spotted some at around £30~ mark. Would that be a better price range?

Take a look at New Forest Brushes. They are excellent brushes and around £30. I have his Tubby 2 and his Finest Silvertip and they're are as good as any of my other brushes at twice the price. Peter/Fido the proprietor is a member here. He's located in Lymington, Hants.

Rufus said:
Dave Q said:

Take a look at New Forest Brushes. They are excellent brushes and around £30. I have his Tubby 2 and his Finest Silvertip and they're are as good as any of my other brushes at twice the price. Peter/Fido the proprietor is a member here. He's located in Lymington, Hants.

Rufus, thanks for the New Forest pointer. I have narrowed it down to the 2204 Super Badger TwoBand, the 2213 Finest Silvertip or the 2401 Super Badger Twoband.
All look really good. I use a bowl so all three sort of fit the criteria. I have had to up my spend, but decided it would be a better investment. The EJ brushes from TSC look good as well. So many to pick from...

Dave Q said:
Rufus said:
Dave Q said:

Rufus, thanks for the New Forest pointer. I have narrowed it down to the 2204 Super Badger TwoBand, the 2213 Finest Silvertip or the 2401 Super Badger Twoband.
All look really good. I use a bowl so all three sort of fit the criteria. I have had to up my spend, but decided it would be a better investment. The EJ brushes from TSC look good as well. So many to pick from...

Excellent, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the NF brushes. Peter is only too willing to help so e-mail him with any questions and for his opinion on which of his brushes might suit you best. I'll be interested to hear your decision. The world of shaving brushes seems to be endless.

I think you must be doing something wrong if you're not getting a good lather with the Omega 10049. I have one of these brushes and it is a lather monster. So much so that since I got this one my Edwin Jagger best badger and even my Rooney 1/2 silvertip have hardly had a look in.

I have a New Forest 1901 Super Badger Two Band brush and a Vulvix 404 Grovsenor brush.. Both great brushes.. Well Happy with both brushes.. You can't go far wrong with the quality of New Forest ones PM fido he will point you in the right direction [emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom