Worst single/album you ever bought

When I was late teens early twenties a local independent record shop would sell off singles by unknown artists at something like 4 for £1. I used to pick up some rubbish that way but equally I found some singles I really liked. A few artists/groups went on to do well PJ Harvey, M-People and Culture Beat. were amongst the ones that did, as for the dross I don't remember their names.

The worst albums I bought were probably by Bros and Jason Donovan. I didn't buy them for me they were on my nieces' Christmas lists, no temptation to keep a taped copy for myself with those.

Mum gave me the money and sent me to the record shop to buy her "Day Trip To Bangor" by Fiddlers Dram........

Unfortunately it was at the exact time in my teens where it would cause maximum humiliation and trauma.......

The Horror........ The Horror......... The Horror.........

This Synergy Album! Got rid of it quick!

Synergy_Electronic+Realizations.jpg
[/u]

Tall_Paul said:
I think a candidate for the worst album I've ever bought is 'Metal Machine Music' by Lou Reed.

Basically, an album full of feedback.

I remember waking up once at a friends house, vodka hangover from hell, (this would have been post one of our Sega Bass fishing nights, which was basically an odd fishing simulator game for the sega dreamcast, we lost entire weekends to that), to find michael still drunk at 10am and listening to metal machine music while doing the hoovering, i say hoovering but he was kind of trying to play the vacuum cleaner along to the album by using nozzle proximity to carpet to vary pitch.

:s:huh:

Back
Top Bottom