Work Fragrance

Nowt wrong with Vicks at bed time when one's a feeling chesty. Just the job. This 40 year old recently found a draw full of stuff he had when he was a kid. Brut, Denim, Old Spice and 1 or 2 less well known scents. They'd all have been Christmas or birthday presents in my teens. I'm not one for wearing a scent daily, clashes with my pheromones, but they're just the job for when one's feeling a bit dandy. The Brut's my favourite. Over 2 decades old and likely to do me for a few years more at the rate I use them. Generally has to be a fancier occasion for me to reach for something a bit pricier, where I tend to go for Acqua di Parma of some sort.

CelticRoots said:
hdb3326 said:
Tom Ford a little out of my price range but the Floris sounds good. I have had some Penhaligon samples and they are rather nice as well.

Don't feel like a young whippersnapper, the 8 yr old daughter runs me ragged!

I always get complimented when wearing Penhaligon' s Sartorial.

It's one of my all time favourites. Worth grabbing a sample if you haven't got one already.

Any hints on where samples of this can be obtained????

EDIT: From their website - Damn £3 for a sample £5.50 postage i object to that ..................
I really fancy giving this a whirl.

Re: RE: Work Fragrance

BraveBlades said:
CelticRoots said:
hdb3326 said:
Tom Ford a little out of my price range but the Floris sounds good. I have had some Penhaligon samples and they are rather nice as well.

Don't feel like a young whippersnapper, the 8 yr old daughter runs me ragged!

I always get complimented when wearing Penhaligon' s Sartorial.

It's one of my all time favourites. Worth grabbing a sample if you haven't got one already.

Any hints on where samples of this can be obtained????

EDIT: From their website - Damn £3 for a sample £5.50 postage i object to that ..................
I really fancy giving this a whirl.

You should be able to get one off ebay as a buy it now.

I'd send you some of mine but I literally only have about a week's usage left in the bottle. :/

hdb3326 said:
Dear all

Starting a new job at the end of the month. A lot more formal will be shirt, tie etc. Do not wish to smell like a teenager on the pull or an old man.

I'd like it to be long lasting and not too overpowering.

Looking at Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme.

Any others worth a look?

Well, you might look at 'Havana' EdT, which is made by Aramis. The current version's about as good as the vintage juice, which isn't always the case. The other company to look at is Caron......they have some nice frags. I really like Yatagan, but there's a few others that are extremely popular. Neither one of these perfumers charge a lot for many of their items, not for the kinda quality you get.

Best bet's to plan on spending some time at a nice store that sells medium priced stuff to sample. Plenty out there that's reasonable and smells great.

Martin

Back
Top Bottom