Wool fat soap

No question. That's the whole point of "begs the question" - it doesn't mean "raise the question". It means (something like) a point was made to be factual without evidence to prove the point. Just learnt about it so had to use it somewhere - I'll get my hat...
You're so wrong! Oh I see you was picking me up on my use of the English language. Have you got your hat?

No question. That's the whole point of "begs the question" - it doesn't mean "raise the question". It means (something like) a point was made to be factual without evidence to prove the point. Just learnt about it so had to use it somewhere - I'll get my hat...
Well firstly....does it actually mean that or just somthing like that.....a point was made to be factual.......so on so on because if we are being factual we must be clear.....somthing like that just doesn't cut it!
I know there is no such word as Firstly, fact.

I don't understand the popularity of a soap that has entire threads and videos explaining how to make it work. I have many soaps that I like better both for ease of lathering and performance. MWF is way over rated

+1 too hard to make it work in london hard water. Next.

Sent from Mars

.All Soap was Tallow at One Time Until the Upper Classes Decided that they were too Far Up their Own Arse to Put Dirty Animal Fats on their Bodies..o_O
Spanish Castile soap, made from olive oil, was very popular in Europe from the 16th century onwards, mainly because it was more effective at cleaning than tallow soaps and would lather well in hard or soft water. worth remembering that in those days soap was used to wash clothes a lot more than it was used to wash bodies!

Spanish Castile soap, made from olive oil, was very popular in Europe from the 16th century onwards, mainly because it was more effective at cleaning than tallow soaps and would lather well in hard or soft water. worth remembering that in those days soap was used to wash clothes a lot more than it was used to wash bodies!
Yeah..That's Right..Thats Why they Stunk to High Heaven..Most Soaps at that Time were Mixed Olive Oil/Vegie & Tallow..It was as Late as the Outbreak of World War 1 in the USA that Tallow in Soap went Out of Fashion..o_O

The US Government Seconded Soap for Military Purposes & When they Melted it Down they Discovered a Lot of it was Rank Animal Fat & Poorely Made because of Little or NO Standard Regulation..The Soap Companies Jumped on this & Mass Marketed Vegie Based Soaps as Standard..:D

Billy

Yeah..That's Right..Thats Why they Stunk to High Heaven..Most Soaps at that Time were Mixed Olive Oil/Vegie & Tallow..It was as Late as the Outbreak of World War 1 in the USA that Tallow in Soap went Out of Fashion..o_O

The US Government Seconded Soap for Military Purposes & When they Melted it Down they Discovered a Lot of it was Rank Animal Fat & Poorely Made because of Little or NO Standard Regulation..The Soap Companies Jumped on this & Mass Marketed Vegie Based Soaps as Standard..:D

Billy
so the decline in tallow use has more to do with poor quality manufacturing and variable standards rather than upper class squeamishness.

Back
Top Bottom