Wolf Whiskers Brush

Just had pics through for faux tortoise brush with 22mm Evolution HMW bulb set 48mm.

6a262a51395ddc93f78b8ed691a6b1b6.jpg
5720da42429e7e793435c6ff2db4857f.jpg
ed13aa61488c56ffaf2100c29d83a7ad.jpg

That's lovely. I'm a big fan of Wolf Whiskers!

Presumably you are in the states, given that he has set a badger knot for you?

Enjoy!!!

How does the 22mm feel on the face?

I assume a lot comes down to type of badger, how it's set and where the knot is from.
The one in my photo a couple of posts above is my first 22mm (it's a TGN Finest 2-band set at 48mm) and I really, really like it.
I face lather 75% using croaps and soaps (not so much creams) and it has been performing absolutely amazing.
I think my 'sweet spot' might be 24mm set at 48-50 though - but this is still a very nicely performing brush

In comparison I've used the Kent T12 30mm for a couple of shaves now..and it almost feels like a novelty brush...pressed into my face it covers the entire side of my face :D
Still, all good brushes. I have only come across a couple of new brushes that I didn't really care for - AoS travel brush and Geo F Trumper travel brush being two of them. The thing they have in common is that they are both Pure Badger so maybe it's just that hair type I don't like.
I also haven't met a Vie-Long brush that I really like yet.
All things highly YMMVish though

You could be right from the look of it.

I actually spoke to him more about lathering etc / less aesthetics and this was his recommendation; a copy of a brush he uses but it just gives me an excuse to get another brush after this one.... :))

Might be asking Santa for some cash in an envelope and start saving for next year's purchases!

And to think...I started DE shaving to save money!!

This is only my opinion but the knot is to small for the handle lovely handle all the same, I bet it would look great with a 26mm two band silvertip fan.

I'll snap and post some post-bloom pics later - it's starting to bloom rather nicely. But yes, I think a 26mm or so would elevate the look and maybe use even further.
Good thing brushes can always be re-knotted :D

Pete was very good in discussing knots etc with me. I have a pretty limited amount of experience compared to many on here. It will be interesting to use the knot suggested. I then need (note the 'need') to try a very different knot perhaps so I can build a bit of experience in how the different heights and widths affect how the brushes perform...all very exciting!

In case anyone is up for some trivia.
A few weeks ago Peter changed the medallion at the bottom of his brushes to a new, black version.
I received this reply from him today in regard to the change;

"I do have a new coin that replaced the other one. I don't remember the exact date, but it was only a couple weeks ago"

Going forward I guess we can say that if your brush sports the black coin it's made after October, 2015.
I wonder if the 'old' medallion brushes now will become even more valuable in the collector's market :)

Anyway, some interesting trivia if nothing else.

2lsfxg2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom