Winter Olympics 2014

Can't get into some of the events. Bit like watching a circus. But as usual some great sport and individuals to follow. My favourite events are the downhill, speed skating and ice dancing.

Does anyone here actually compete in any of the things we are seeing?

Fido said:
Can't get into some of the events. Bit like watching a circus. But as usual some great sport and individuals to follow. My favourite events are the downhill, speed skating and ice dancing.

Does anyone here actually compete in any of the things we are seeing?

I find to trouble with the Winter Olympics is that not enough events are 'competitive', by which I mean races, most seem to be time trials or individual score events. Having said that my favourite event starts this weekend Snowboard Cross - it's worth getting up for!

Fido said:
Gold for Great Britain!

Well done Lizzy Arnold.

Wish I was 50 years younger.

You dirty old man!:icon_razz::angel:

132169_500_steptoe.gif.jpg

In all seriousness, what a great result, and I agree, she's quite easy on the eye.

Didn't get a chance to post lat night but the comeback by the Swedish team in the ladies cross country relay was probably the greatest sporting spectacle I've ever seen. If you get a chance to watch it then don't miss it - for sheer lung bursting effort and not giving up on what must have seemed a completely hopeless cause I don't see it ever being beaten.

I'm not exaggerating - it must be available somewhere so make the effort to find and then post a link so I can watch again.

Fido,
glad you enjoyed the boarder cross. I'll be recording the mens for evening consumption.

UKRob,
I saw the Swedish comeback. Epic!

Something else I realised today about finding it difficult to connect with the athletes. I think it's because they are generally amorphous blobs with helmets on. you can't engage with the emotions.

Back
Top Bottom