Windows 8 boot problem

hi
I restored my laptop from a backup but it all went belly up. I now get a blue screen with the following.
your pc needs to be repaired
a required device isnt connected or cant be accessed.
Error code 0xc0000225.
you will need to use recovery tools on your installation disk.

Problem is i dont have a disk. The shop i got it from will send it away but will take 6 weeks.

any sugestions?

Jim

If you don't have a disk/recovery media you're a bit fried.
Try checking whether the boot order is correct, sometimes when you restore it can land in the wrong partition/drive letters can get mixed up. Usually there is a key (F8? depending on manufacturer) you can press at boot to give you the boot order and you can then select which device to boot from.
What make and model and OS are you using?

Many PCs and Laptops don't come with media these days always use the built in software/OS to create a recovery disk!

Thanks for replying. Its a Samsung ativ ultrabook running windows 8.1 it boots the blue screen appears t
with an option to press the F8 key but it just loops back to the blue screen.
I am going to take it in this afternoon. 6 week wait. [CRYING FACE].

Jim

Do you have access to another PC to create a boot disc or USB stick? Surely the shop can help with that, it's less hassle than sending it away (shit shop if that's their solution). Or get a friend or neighbour to help you out.

The link below is for retail version of windows 8.1 but there's a link near the top for a OEM fix. I'm assuming you have a windows key on a little sticker somewhere as you'll need that.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows8_1-windows_install/download-a-bootable-windows-81-disc/17207153-902f-4b94-bf95-85ab70ca7064

Thanks for the help guys, since its free, I decided to send it back. Its only 6 months old so I decided that was best. Its my smartphone and tapatalk for the next month.
When I get it back, I am going to use a pen drive to create recovery programme.

Jim

Just an update on this, I got it back yesterday all fixed and factory reset which means back to trying to get the updates in order to upgrade from win 8 to 8.1, however windows update seams to be broken, it just keeps searching for updates and not actually finding them. The troubleshooter brings up an error 0x80070490 which reports as fixed, however it still dont find updates. Windows store reports that I cant upgrade to 8.1 until i install win 8 updates. To say its frustrating is an understatement.

Hang in there Jim. I had a similar issue on my 1 year old pc. It went hinky a few weeks before the 1 year warranty and I managed to get windows 8 up and running again. Then 1 week after warranty expired the hard drive gave up. I bought a new hard drive, installed it myself and went to reinstall Windows 8. Only to be told by Acer that it's factory installed and I should've created a recovery disk. Bit late now. So I explained that I purchased the pc and that meant the licence too. Oh no, they can't give me the key. But if I want to send it to them for the sum of £80+ they will install it for me.
Luckily I had a version of Windows 7. Installed it and all is well with the world and don't have the pain of Windows 8.

ahh windows 7 seems so far away now lol.
The updates seam to be installing but the update window freezes. After chosing install and resrart they seem to be installing ok.

I think when I setup my pc in 2013 I left it on overnight installing updates and then left it on all day installing windows 8.1. I can't tell you how much I prefer Windows 7 when hooked up as a media pc to my TV. Unless you've got a touchscreen of somesort I find Windows 8 a bit pointless.

Back
Top Bottom