Wilkinson, What a contrast.!!

For the first time, i decided to try the Wilkinson shave stick, that i bought in summer. To be honest I was thinking of that will be a bad lather as Wilkinson soap(one in the blue tub, widely available in every supermarkets) is terrible soap. But the shaving stick is completely different and without much trouble produces a very nice lather. first I wet my face then wet the stick then rub it on my face then lather with Vulfix 404, for the second pass I rinsed the brush and loaded the brush by rubbing it to the stick then bowl lathered, both methods results were very good. I wonder why the soap in the tub so widely available then the stick??

It depends what you are used to. My missus bought the blue soap tub along with the Wilkinsons brush a few christmas ago as a stocking filler. This was when I shaved with a cartridge and I thought it was ok. In fac tI used this combo when I first moved to DE. It's not until you get other soaps that you realise it's not that great.

their shave sticks are very good, just a shame you can't get these in the supermarkets but then they would have to compete pricewise with the Palmolive stick is just too cheap and too good, so why stock something that probably wouldn't sell as well ? Probably the reason the blue tub is there as an alternative to Palmolive stick and cream. Essentially 3 'proper' DE shaving software. Stick, cream and tub.

ok, lets put the price to one side and what about the soap in the tub and the stick, they are completely different. I would say stick is much better quality and much more easier to lather

The tub lathers ok but it's a bit thin compared to other products. I do use it now and again but it's more for nostalgia than anything else.

I used this for 2 years before going to DE so I suppose I'm just a little more used to it. I wouldn't buy another tub of it though myself.

Re: RE: Wilkinson, What a contrast.!!

Sezer74 said:
ok, lets put the price to one side and what about the soap in the tub and the stick, they are completely different. I would say stick is much better quality and much more easier to lather

I agree. Stick is worthwhile (as a shaving product) the tub barely retains its position in my toolbox as a lubricant for woodscrews.

I must get round to trying the Wilkie stick. The ARKO lathered like the legend it is but stinks to high heaven and the Palmolive is really good too. The Erasmic will be going into my toolbox - thanks Hunny. Does anyone have much experience of some of the posher English sticks?

I tried the Wilkie stick and for the life of me couldn't get any better than a thin, frothy lather, though it was very lubricating. In its defence, however, I ought to point-out that I have exceptionally hard water here - I can use a squeaky-clean, chrome-plated razor for one, three-pass shave, and, if I don't clean it properly, ther will be a thin but noticeable film of scale/soap scum on it afterwards.

I'm in Scotland? Now he tells me! Aye, the water is very soft up here, in fact, it makes for better drinking than bottled mineral water. MWF explodes into life with a floppy shedder of a Jagger Super Badger and the 24mm finest two band re-stuffed butterscotch Rooney makes enough lather to shave the street.

I had a go with the bowl last night using my Omega 80080 and hand lathering as I'm trying to break the brush in. I was actually quite surprised at the amount of nice lather I got out out of it.

Maybe I'll give the bowl another go - with a mild blade and razor though, just in case.

Back
Top Bottom