Wilkinson Shaving Stick GREEN!

Hi guys, I decided for my first post to be a review of a little Green Wonder I found.

Couple days ago, on a local Croatian website, I found a green Wilkinson shaving stick. I was little bit surprised it even exists. I did a little researching and found out this is a NOS pre 2000 shaving stick. Evidence of this is the Warner-Lambert logo on it. They were the owners of the Wilkinson from 1993 until Pfizer acquired them in 2000.

Here are some pics of the sticks box and the stick it self.

uploadfromtaptalk1380901.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1380966.jpg

I bought 8 sticks of it just to be secured in future :)

I tested it couple days after. I had a five day growth on me and I have very dense and thick beard.

Made my usual prep, a hot shower. Used my own 24mm finest badger brush in olive wood and British Made Ever-Ready 1912 with GEM blade. Soaked the brush and the stick in warm water. The stick melts very fast so it only needs a couple seconds of warm water. The stick smells fresh and herbal, like a true soap. I face lathered it and what a surprise!! With almost dry brush I got very very thick lather, not dry. I dipped the brush a little just to get tiny bit of water for precaution. The lather exploded but still remained very thick. The blade just glided over the face with no effort at all. No nicks, no razor burn, nothing! Just a little bit dryness like with all other soaps.

All in all amazing shave!!! Glade I bought 8 sticks

Next thing I did, I got a Wilkinson shaving soap in a blue bowl (what a disgrace for such big company, IMHO). I took out the soap and threw it.

img3776.jpg

I took 2 of my new Green Wonder sticks and grated them. Then I put what should have come in this bowl in first place!

img3781.jpg

I lathered it with my WD 24 mm Black Badger brush just to share with you this wonder! Here is the loaded brush.

img3782.jpg

And here you can see the goodness!

img3784.jpg

img3784.jpg

nice review

have you tried the wilky blue sticks? ive only ever seen them online.
probably a moot point as the green were NOS and probably discontinued but if you have used the blue sticks how does it compare to the green?

separatly and slightly off topic i like the blue sticks very much but considering they cost 5 x the amount of palmolive green sticks for the money the performance is the same but i prefer the colour and smell of the wilky blue

Back
Top Bottom