Wikinson Butterfly Razor from China for £2

After you will have spent £2 each for 5 or 10 or 20 products like this, you will realize that it would have been better to save your money and buy something more substantial in the first place. IMHO. Just my 0.02 (euros)

I wasn't going to bother replying to the two posts above, but may as well now.

I've not received this razor, so have no idea what it will be like. However, there have been MANY people purchase the Chinese Futur clone, often referred to as the Q Shave Futur. This cost a similar price to the razor in this thread. Every single person that has reviewed the Chinese Futur has only had positive things to say about the finish of the razor, the way it shaves etc and that is it an unbelievable price for the quality.

Ultimately, what I'm saying is, don't knock something until you've tried it and for the sake of a couple of quid I'm more than happy to try it. As always and ironically considering the poster above's username YMMV.

Now that I've posted this, it'll be a pile of sh*t, but I really don't care for the price :D

Without someone trying out one of these razors, no one will ever know how good it might or might not be. As per Looney's post above, the QShave Futur is a prime example. I've got one as my 2nd DE (I only used my first once before it arrived) and it shaves absolutely fine for me. I could happily use only that razor herein, and that's a beginner speaking.

Yes, I know that I won't know what's better than it until I try it, but I'm happy being in the dark on this! I get smooth, keen results with it and that's what matters to me ultimately! :D I can see the value in saving for a more reputable razor, however. I.e. most cheap SR's are a pile of... Save up the money you'd spend trying the cheapy ones and you'll get a peach.

I've bought a couple of Chinese fountain pens (Jinhao X750) for around £2 each including postage from China and can't fault them. It's not even that they're good for the money, they're just good pens and write very nicely. They also both included a converter, which is a £4.00 add-on for a Lamy Safari.

On that basis I had no problem at all stumping up the grand total of £2.38 (postage included) for the Q-Shave Futur copy. Yes, it might be crap, but I spent more on a cup of coffee this morning. On the other hand it could be like the pens and turn out to be a real bargain. Based on the reviews I've read I think it's more likely to be the latter.

@Looney12345
Well everyone is entitled to their opinion, including me and you. Especially in this thread that @Labarum asked for it (may I note please that he didn't ask about the Qshave Futur that you mention). YMMV goes both ways so you can -hopefully- see the irony of your statement too. I have had my share of £1 and £2 purchases from eBay and they were not worth it. But that's just me, and I am glad you are satisfied with yours. I understand what you are saying and I respect that. As I have already said above, this is only my humble opinion ("IMHO"), and my 0.02 euros. Cheers :)

@Looney12345
Well everyone is entitled to their opinion, including me and you. Especially in this thread that @Labarum asked for it (may I note please that he didn't ask about the Qshave Futur that you mention). YMMV goes both ways so you can -hopefully- see the irony of your statement too. I have had my share of £1 and £2 purchases from eBay and they were not worth it. But that's just me, and I am glad you are satisfied with yours. I understand what you are saying and I respect that. As I have already said above, this is only my humble opinion ("IMHO"), and my 0.02 euros. Cheers :)
OK, I'll entertain this for one more post, because I'm bored :D

The OP asked for people who had experience of the razor... I proceeded to order the razor and said I'd gladly post back with my experiences of it. Yourself and the person who posted above you, were essentially saying "why buy crap", implying that for the money, you aren't going to get a decent razor.

The only other equivalently priced eBay purchased razor (as far as I know) is the QShave Futur clone... A lot of people have bought it and a lot of people have had very good things to say about it hence me using that as an example to draw parallels against. I'd be interested to know what your £1 and £2 razor purchases are from eBay so I can go and waste a couple of quid on those as well? The two I've mentioned above are the only ones I've seen for that sort of price and I thought would be worth a punt :)

What I'm saying, in quite a long and convoluted way, is that the OP was asking for people with EXPERIENCE of purchasing and using the razor, not for people to dismiss it and say it won't be worth the paltry couple of quid that it costs to buy who have NO experience whatsoever of actually ordering the product in question.

I don't particularly care to be honest, I wasn't going to reply in the first place, but just found it a little frustrating that two people successively commented on the razor, without any experience of using it in the first place. If you, or the other poster had ordered it, used it and subsequently deemed it crap OR if you had provided some example of where people had bought it, used it and thought it was crap I would have been much happier reading what you and the other person had to say :) instead you both just said it wouldn't be worth the money, with no evidence to base it on. Hence my teeny bit of frustration.

I see where you are coming from. I bought a couple of years ago from eBay two cheap safety razors, a TTO type and a three piece type razor (a Tech copy) for ~2.5 euros each. They were bad, with alignment issues and uneven blade gap. These are long gone and I had forgotten about them until today :)

I see where you are coming from. I bought a couple of years ago from eBay two cheap safety razors, a TTO type and a three piece type razor (a Tech copy) for ~2.5 euros each. They were bad, with alignment issues and uneven blade gap. These are long gone and I had forgotten about them until today :)
Ah OK, I can see a why that might have put you off future purchases like them, fingers crossed this one is better anyway... If not, at least it has a box!

Back
Top Bottom