WiFi Texting/Messaging between the US and the UK.

Hello again. Don't have Whatsapp squared away!!(;-(. Have it sent on my phones But... Can't set it up on my Galaxy Tab3.
I use it only on WiFi and Whatsapp is saying that it won't setup with out a Mobil/Cell Phone #! I've tried the Google Voice number but it won't recognize it as an acceptable number!!
Any ideas?? Please.

WhatsApp recognises contacts from their mobile phone numbers and will only work on a cellular device ie anything that take a sim card.

If you have a wifi only tablet, it wont work on the tablet.

Well, not good news(;-(.
A second thought. As Google Voice will work on the WiFi Tablets but says it will only work in the USA; does anyone know that if one is in the UK and uses a 'US' VPN that Voice will work from the UK to the US on a WiFi tablet????

There's firefox Hello that has been rolled out recently. You should see a smiley face on the tool bar in the upper right corner of the later browsers. If you've updated in the last few months it should be there. It's quite handy. Not sure when it will hit android/ios, but from a desktop it beats using Skype. Quite simple to get started, offers you a guest account, so not much faff.

Back
Top Bottom