Wickham's 1912 Christmas Soap

Ordered a shavedash sample to see if I like it but can't really justify any more soaps at the moment...we will see. I don't have issues with lathering up the Wickhams but I do put a teaspoonful of citric acid in the sink as my water is hard.

Ordered a shavedash sample to see if I like it but can't really justify any more soaps at the moment...we will see. I don't have issues with lathering up the Wickhams but I do put a teaspoonful of citric acid in the sink as my water is hard.
o_O no man don't be playing chemistry sets.......I live in the hardest water area of north london and I can whip up a storm of lather with no problem. just do as I instructed and you'll get a good lather....... the ph and calclium aint going to affect your lather as much as un metered citric acid in a sink full of water. start gradual little water make a glue like paste. hot water and add a few drops an keep building. are you hand, bowl or face lathering?

It was @Leisureguy who recommends citric acid in hard water in his book so was just following his advice.I just consulted it again and it says a pinch or two so been overdoing it. I lather up in a bowl/scuttle.

Last edited:
It was @Leisureguy who recommends citric acid in hard water in his book so was just following his advice.I just consulted it again and it says a pinch or two so been overdoing it. I lather up in a bowl/scuttle.
Ok are you uk or us? if your uk trust me and try my method, or at least use some distilled water if you really need to. warm some distilled water in a mug in the microwave to soak your brush. knock out almost all the water. oh I forgot to ask what brush? as boar will eat your soap and you need to put a larger chunk to get the lather going. badger not as bad but will suck up your starting glue lather.

Back
Top Bottom