Wickhams 1912 - Bespoke Trial

Thanks Phil, but I am sorry, I'm not happy with the label. Being so excited about this soap, I rushed the label design so I could get it out there and share it. I am going to redesign it, and do have something else in mind which I hope I can render. It should have an old school label, Victorian style for sure though still in keeping with the Wickham branding.

Paul when Phil said the soap should be called 1912 I wanted to give him a high 5! But instead slapped myself around the face for not thinking of it myself. Phil you did know I am an avid fan/user of the 1912 razors, right?

I had no idea you were a big fan of the 1912 razor! I thought you were a rocketman. :) Nice synchronicity there.

As to the label - I like the font and slight shadow on the numbers but as you say - get it right before you release the soap. I hope you have put some time aside for releasing this as I get the impression you are going to be a busy man!

Reactions: Fox
I had no idea you were a big fan of the 1912 razor! I thought you were a rocketman. :) Nice synchronicity there.

As to the label - I like the font and slight shadow on the numbers but as you say - get it right before you release the soap. I hope you have put some time aside for releasing this as I get the impression you are going to be a busy man!

Rocket Red Tip is my favourite DE but I mostly use the 1912 SE which is a super razor IMO.

Phil funny you should mention time as the soap is quite laborious and time consuming to make, small batches can only be made at a time too. Redesigning the label also allows me the time to tie up some other loose ends with other projects I have going on first.

The ESP soap I was working on I have shelved to free up time. Just waiting for my felt-tip pens to arrive now for the new label design. ;)

I have not put scent descriptions together as of yet, so sorry for the brief ones below.
There will be 6 main fragrances in total which are;

Spice Trade - (Old Spice)
Club Cola - Sparkling Citrus
SKY (Issy Miyake)
Cashmere - a very soft and comfort smelling scent, it will have you going to the bathroom every 5 minutes to sniff the soap.
Scottish Heather - a herbal and medicinal type scent close to Lavender but with a slightly more pronounced scent.
Classic 24 (My take on Aventus) a bit more fruity with a slightly softer leather, was the 24th tweak before I thought; yes that's what I want!
Well there is 3 of those that i'll be getting straight away.........................................

Can't wait to try SKY, my mrs bought me a bottle when we first got together 9 years ago, love the stuff.
Will have to give spice trade a dabble also, thats been on the hit list for a couple years.

I don't always post my SOTD pics when I'm testing products, but when I do it's something special! I thought you guys would want to know.
I've been testing a new Wickhams tallow formula (modified 'super-smooth') for a personal project Darron is working on for me. Look at this lather! This stuff is amazing. More info to follow.
It's tallow soap, but he's changed HOW he makes it (methodology) and added some Vit-E and other boosting ingredients.
The resulting soap has a very smooth and even consistency, loads very quickly, gives a fantastic lather and should have significantly longer shelf-life because of the changes. I'm seriously hoping that this new formula will eventually be brought to market; it kicks a$$!

Back
Top Bottom