Why would you want to watch football?

I watch no sport on TV whatsoever.

I do however watch non-league football, rugby union, cricket (T20), rugby league, ice hockey, american football and baseball ... all local teams.

joe mcclaine said:
I watch no sport on TV whatsoever.

I do however watch non-league football, rugby union, cricket (T20), rugby league, ice hockey, american football and baseball ... all local teams.

Well Vinny i hope you go along and give one of the most famous rugby union teams in the UK a good welcome the newly promoted London Welsh when they come up your way in the English Premership, it's going to be a big learning curve for them, but i think looking at the likes of Sale Worcester, Wasp they may be able to hold their own, but we will have to wait and see. Our opening fixture at our new ground the Kassam stadium in Oxford, we play Liecester, London Welsh during the seventies were like Chelsea and Man City are in football today, they were full of British lions and world class players, times have changed but we are once again dinning at the top table.

Jamie

pugh-the-special-one said:
Our opening fixture at our new ground the Kassam stadium in Oxford, we play Liecester

Jamie

L-E-I , Jamie.

And you will lose! Tigers have sat at the head of the top table since whenever. It is not World Cup this year so don't bank on scaring us as Exeter Chiefs scared us last year!

Your vid is great, complete with a few illegals, from before Health and Safety!

Soccer just does not make sense to me as a game whereas rugby looks like what a team of fifteen men naturally do with a ball they've been told to put on the ground behind that line over there while another fifteen have been told to stop them.

God - I love it!!

I too am a rugby fan and would love to watch Premiership matches on a regular basis but geography tends to work against me as my 'local' teams of Leicester, Northants and Worcester are effectively 2 hours away allowing for traffic, parking etc.

Carl, I assume you are an armchair fan of The Tigers given your location - or do you make the kind of effort that I don't?

The Tigers are certainly a formidable outfit and great team Carl, and you would have them down as favourites but the English premieship is a hard and long slog, money and recruitment are the two biggest obsticles we must overcome, but with the knowlege history and expertise that London Welsh have i've got a feeling that intend to stay around for some time, i would really like to see quite a few of our young star Welsh players signing for them. even though i've always been a Cardiff Blues supporter, and long before then Cardiff RFC, i may just buy a London Welsh shirt before the start of the season.

Jamie.

antdad said:
Yeah but do you think "Action Man" exfoliates twice a week?

Haven't you heard of metrosexual Action Man Tony, come on being a London Boy you should be up on these things.

Jamie.

Tv football is fine but I do prefer to watch Rugby (slight preference for union over league). And, weather and getting away from the misssus permitting, cricket. So If anyone out there sees a burly bloke who looks like a character from The Sopranos at Falcons, Thunder or Dynamos...it will probably be me.

antdad said:

Haven't you heard of metrosexual Action Man Tony, come on being a London Boy you should be up on these things.

Jamie.

I think the cleansing pack only came with the Welsh Valley edition of Action Man. ;)

TBF I like watching both sports live...rugby because it's civilised (as a spectator) and clearly less so on the pitch and football because it's the polar opposite.

antdad said:
antdad said:

Jamie.

I think the cleansing pack only came with the Welsh Valley edition of Action Man. ;)

TBF I like watching both sports live...rugby because it's civilised (as a spectator) and clearly less so on the pitch and football because it's the polar opposite.

That's right i remember him now, he was sent forth to challenge Barbie's boyfreind Ken, sadly Ken won the day he was still to smooth, Barbie said of him you can take the boy out of the valley but you can't take the valley out of the boy.:icon_smile:

Jamie.

UKRob said:
I too am a rugby fan and would love to watch Premiership matches on a regular basis but geography tends to work against me as my 'local' teams of Leicester, Northants and Worcester are effectively 2 hours away allowing for traffic, parking etc.

Carl, I assume you are an armchair fan of The Tigers given your location - or do you make the kind of effort that I don't?

I used to go to all the Home games and most of the southern Aways but the price of petrol defeated me a couple of seasons ago. Fortunately, along came ESPN so I still get to watch most games - but armchair, as you say.

Leicester is two and a half hours away if you know where the cameras are.

By the way, please don't put Tigers and tbat team forty miles south in the same sentence again, EVER!!! except to say, Tigers beat the crap out of Saints again.

Paul_D said:
Mmmm. As a Falcons fan, I thought I might watch some Championship rugby next season for a change

:(:(

What does it feel like when you get relegated? Is it worse than losing the Premiership Final - again?

Back
Top Bottom