Why programming isn't fun

It's been doing the rounds. I'm not sure if this should have gone in the jokes category or computing. In the end, I thought it was more truth than humour.

http://stilldrinking.org/programming-sucks

Hiya,

That was good. Since I know nothing about infernal devices (or their programming spawn), it was a kick learning about what goes on behind the scenes. It's funny to me, only because I don't have to deal with that craziness. That would NOT be so funny.

I kept thinking I wouldn't bother finishing the article, but somehow I made it to the end and was glad I did.

I see you gotta new boid......a 'howel' (as we say in Canada). I hope you don't mind me saying I liked the other avatar better with Lilly, the crapping chicken sitting on your shoulder. She looked like a nice, tasty pet......

Martin

Re: RE: Why programming isn't fun

Tall_Paul said:
The lack of whitespace made my eyeballs bleed!

+1 In my last proper job I was handed the noble task of polishing the turds for a small software company (software support and integration) . I have no idea how I survived for four years. It was a pile of buggy poo where they knew about the bugs but couldn't care less.

dodgy said:
I kept thinking I wouldn't bother finishing the article, but somehow I made it to the end and was glad I did.

I see you gotta new boid......a 'howel' (as we say in Canada). I hope you don't mind me saying I liked the other avatar better with Lilly, the crapping chicken sitting on your shoulder. She looked like a nice, tasty pet......

Hey Martin,

Glad you read the article, more importantly, glad there's people out there doing stuff other than computers these days.

Lilly died last year, she was the first of the flock to go, we were pretty naive and took her to the vet, who gave us false confidence, IMO, that she'd last, charged us for some antibiotics and a consultation. She died later that day and the part of me that thought vets know about chickens also died.

She was the most advanced of the chickens we've had, at times you could almost here her say "uh-oh" in a chicken-ish way. Even though she did a huge poo down my back, she was a wonderful pet who gave me an egg almost every day.

The owl in the avatar isn't mine, the wife wont let me have an owl since it'd probably eat the chickens. She's probably right. The owl was on display at Wings and Wheels, Maidenhead, some photos here.

I'll put Lilly back as my avatar soon.

Back
Top Bottom