Why have I not seen Jaguar EDT mentioned here?

Not seen it mentioned at all...yet there are those on the smelly sites that speak quite highly of it..or at least the green version. They suggest it lasts well enough and is rather pleasant.

But then there have been several that others have liked here but which I haven't, for example: Joop, Old Spice, Brut, Bogart Gold Edition, Denim, Kocorico, Jovan Musk, Quorum, Pashana, One Million, Yardley Chrome, Issey Miyake Homme, YSL L'Homme Libre, Floris Santal, Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel........

Is there a pattern in the above list by any chance?

Or am I just hard to please when it comes to scent.

I won't continue to list all the ones I DO like but regulars have probably got a clue by now.

Strange coz I don't think I'm fussy with all the shaving soaps and creams and balms... it's more a problem with the EDT's

Scent is so subjective. What works for one won't work for another
Never tried Jaguar EDT Stan. If you get some would like to know your thoughts

Another car firm scent that seems to get the love from the frag community is Bentley Intense EDP- retails for around the £35 ish Mark.

Right you are mate...never knew about the Bentley either.

Wonder if there's one called FSO Polonez or maybe Wartburg?

Last edited:
With your disliked frags I'll take a chance and suggest this wouldn't be a wise blind buy for you Stan. Far as I recall from being guven it some years ago it put me in mind of QuorumIt's a fougere, but a real in your face one by my standards. I remember it as being one of those very harsh drydowns which make me think of stubbed out cigarettes and ashrays. My nose isn't the best, however since you don't like Joop, Brut, Bogart or Quorum I just can't see this one being fir you.

JohnnyO. o/

I appreciate your opinion, J.

I was rather hoping someone would find some sort of pattern in my dislikes and relate it to the Bentley (and/or the Jaguar).

Having looked at some of the "Babbs" Youtube clips I still haven't ruled out a brace of blindly bought Armaf bottles from eapollowholesale.co.uk as were mentioned by Bryan (Miles) in the other recent thread. There's 'I Diva Noir', 'De La Marque Brune', 'Derby Club House Gold, Shades Wood and two Club Nuit's. Unfortunately, as Bryan pointed out, they don't do the Aventus clone Intense Club Noir Man although I believe the I Diva Noir fits the bill in a similar fashion.

These are completely blind so could be a major blunder...I'll stew on it a bit more......

Thanks.

Just understand that I'm a former smoker and like my EDTs to punch me in the face! It could actually be a real stinker :D

... but no, it's green and there's tobacco. There's also a LOT of other things going on under the surface and in many ways quite a modern scent, what with the various sweeter and floral elements just peeping out behind what (on paper) reads as quite big. It's a fougere, that's for sure ... but with a twist.

This will perhaps put you off, but if you took a less excited GB Grey Flannel and blended it with a less assured Puig Quorum, I think you're in the right arena.

This will perhaps put you off, but if you took a less excited GB Grey Flannel and blended it with a less assured Puig Quorum, I think you're in the right arena..............

Ah..... that's raised a doubt and could well be relevant advice...Didn't like either the Grey Flannel or the Quorum at all...quite the oppopsite in fact so that could be a NO then. Saved a couple of quid! :)

On a positive note the absolute firm fave flavours are def. vetiver, citrus and spice and, I'm beginning to think, leather and wood too.

Hence in love with ........ Encre Noire, Citrus Wood, Guerlain Vetiver,
Eau de Rochas Homme, Monotheme Vetiver Bourbon, Aqua Colonia Concentrada, Balmain Monsieur and (most recently) the very strong Monotheme Leather. But to throw a spanner in the works Mugler A'Men and Pure Shot and Lalique White are very much OK too.

And am OK (but slightly less in love with) these ... Guerlain Habit Rouge, Acqua Di Parma Colonia Assoluta. (Both POWERFUL but they don't quite touch the spot like the above listed ones though.

Maybe best pass on the Jaguar. Ta for that.

Any further thoughts generally (or especially about the long lasting effects) regarding Armaf is very welcome.

Thanks.

In view of the above, I'm wondering if it may be worth investing in a sample pack ( £8 ) from Trumper's Stan. Specifying a request for a sample of Spanish Leather, which might be your type of fragrance. Nice leather with, I believe, a touch of musk. And available in skin wash as well as cologne.

JohnnyO. o/

All noted with further thanks, J.

I see the Trumpers is after shave or cologne...I wonder it it's a powerful performer...which is what I'm trying to achieve. Anything that lasts more then three hours is a bonus. Most of my current ones don't.

If it's a Trumpers scent you're after then I've a few and my personal fave is Eucris. I'll certainly be buying more when it runs out.

T'other Paul is a big fan too. I believe he might use THE VEG as an AS before splashing on the Eucris!

Spanish Leather is very nice (think a classier Imperial Leather) but it doesn't last very long on me.

This will perhaps put you off, but if you took a less excited GB Grey Flannel and blended it with a less assured Puig Quorum, I think you're in the right arena..............

Ah..... that's raised a doubt and could well be relevant advice...Didn't like either the Grey Flannel or the Quorum at all...quite the oppopsite in fact so that could be a NO then. Saved a couple of quid! :)

On a positive note the absolute firm fave flavours are def. vetiver, citrus and spice and, I'm beginning to think, leather and wood too.

Hence in love with ........ Encre Noire, Citrus Wood, Guerlain Vetiver,
Eau de Rochas Homme, Monotheme Vetiver Bourbon, Aqua Colonia Concentrada, Balmain Monsieur and (most recently) the very strong Monotheme Leather. But to throw a spanner in the works Mugler A'Men and Pure Shot and Lalique White are very much OK too.

And am OK (but slightly less in love with) these ... Guerlain Habit Rouge, Acqua Di Parma Colonia Assoluta. (Both POWERFUL but they don't quite touch the spot like the above listed ones though.

Maybe best pass on the Jaguar. Ta for that.

Any further thoughts generally (or especially about the long lasting effects) regarding Armaf is very welcome.

Thanks.

Stan, have you tried the Monotheme vetiver or spicy?

Yes...Good suggestions. Had the Vetiver Bourbon a good while and the Spicy arrived in recent days. Absolutely love them both but neither last long...same old problem.

Back
Top Bottom