Why can't I reply to posts?

I keep getting this message:

"If you received this whilst trying to post a message or a reply. It's likely that you have too many attachments and/or images in your post."

But there aren't any images or attachments in my posts.

However I was able to post and reply to this one, but not others!

What's going on? :huh:

Just tried again and it's still happening, but not with all threads it seems. TSR is messing with my mind...!

And just to prove that it ain't the smilies...

:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::icon_question::icon_question::icon_question::icon_question::icon_question::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

antdad said:
Go to USERCP>MANAGE ATTACHMENTS and then delete attachments, I think it may take a while to work until forum software eventually updates.

Ah, thank you, I didn't know how to do that. Hopefully that'll sort it...

I get this a lot. It usually just happens on one or two threads at a time. Can post on others fine. I raised it in the help forum. Very frustrating. Unfortunately the tip above didn't help me.

For example, I am fine here but can't currently post on the "Post your watch" thread...

OrangeSport said:
I get this a lot. It usually just happens on one or two threads at a time. Can post on others fine. I raised it in the help forum. Very frustrating. Unfortunately the tip above didn't help me.

For example, I am fine here but can't currently post on the "Post your watch" thread...

This just started to happen to me today!! Very annoying, and the 'cure' above didn't work...

Anyone know of the actual cause of this error message, and hence a possible resolution?

Some info required because so far all there has been is a totally nebulous "I can't post" which is as useful as a catflap in an elephant house for diagnosis purposes.

Using browser (which one, which version, which OS)? Or tapatalk (which phone type, which version)?

All likelihood is that you're use Chrome and it has something to do with the piss poor management of that cache that Chrome does. Try clearing your browser cache.

hunnymonster said:
Some info required because so far all there has been is a totally nebulous "I can't post" which is as useful as a catflap in an elephant house.

Using browser (which one, which version, which OS)? Or tapatalk (which phone type, which version)?

Was using Firefox 25.0.1 & IE v11, both on laptop Windows 7, & returned same error message. Was trying to post on 'BST' forum & 'DE Razors'

hunnymonster said:
Still try clearing your browser cache and if you're using any sort of Adblock or Noscript turn that off too.

Have used both CCleaner & Glary Utilty to clean cache as well as both browsers built in 'cleaners'. Also, (I've just remembered), I got the same error earlier today in work on an XP system with IE v10, which struck me at the time as being a 'server' issue rather than a specific browser one? Though I must confess, I'm an absolute IT amateur...

I had the same problem a few months ago, would not allow me to post and i thought it was my work computer(i never had problem before) but it was the same at home as well, sent a message to hunnymonster to see if there was a problem with my account but the account was fine, i then used the CCleaner including registry problem fix and all was o.k then.

SamuraiJack said:
I had the same problem a few months ago, would not allow me to post and i thought it was my work computer(i never had problem before) but it was the same at home as well, sent a message to hunnymonster to see if there was a problem with my account but the account was fine, i then used the CCleaner including registry problem fix and all was o.k then.

Just did another CClean using the latest version, and I still get the same error on trying to post to the DE Rzor forum - specifically this thread...

Back
Top Bottom