Who'd have thought it?

Two weeks ago (the time I will now refer to as Pre-DE) I would not have imagined I would have made the effort to get up half an hour early in the morning, purely to have that time set aside for a "chore" such as shaving.

Today, it seems so natural, turning a former (Pre-DE) hassle into a genuinely enjoyable experience.

Only problem is, now I have to choose between the morning shave

and the evening shave. :D :D

Ainslie

Nighttime just Might be your best time..if you are allowed..facial hair is most relaxed at this time..if not AM or noontime :mrgreen:

B

I know exactly what you mean. I don't mind the extra time it takes for the satisfaction it gives.

Looking around on this forum also opens up your eyes to the vast array of soaps, blades etc etc. The only thing is you end up with a stash of the stuff in no time.

I did have to make a special effort to get up 20 minutes earlier initially but 3 months down the line it's taking me about the same time as it used to, with maybe an extra 2 minutes or so for lathering. I like my bed too much in the morning. :|

I do save an evening shave for the weekend, it is nice to take some real time and if I do a 3 pass to get BBS then it does stay smooth til the next morning.

Glad you're enjoying it. :)

I never used to bother shaving in the morning, due to a combination of laziness and a relatively slow growth meaning I still look clean shaven two mornings after an evening shave (with a cart), but it is an enjoyable part of the morning routine now, not a chore.

Ainslie

Some say morning is best some say evening, I have read discussions citing reasons why each is better but I say it is best to try shaving in the evening for a while and try it in the morning, then do what suits you or you like best. I really like to take time to shave, I spend just as much time, if not more time, prepping my face, loading the brush, lathering (and so on) as the act of shaving itself.

It is odd how something that was a chore can turn into a pleasure, it is my zone out time where all the crap of the day ahead is parked and it is just me and calmness.

In the evenings I'm reasonably relaxed, coordinated and alert, but at daft o'clock in the morning I'm none of those things. Anything sharper than a butter knife at that time is just asking for trouble.

I think we all have to agree that DE shaving have had a few impacts in our daily lives,most of us enjoy the ritual and in my case it reduced the level of stress :shave

I shave in the evenings ready for going out at night. Many times in the "Multiblade madness" days I often didn't bother, grew a goatee or left the stubble.

Now in these DE enlightened days shaving is something I really look forward to, I love the ritual, the smoothness and the fact that it is ME time!

I have to agree with Canuck. After maybe two months my three pass DE ritual takes maybe three minutes more than my old twin blade shaves.

I kind of miss the early days when the whole thing took a good fifteen minutes.

The whole ritual of the three s's, choosing and ironing a shirt, putting on a whistle and flute, choosing and putting on a tie, that takes me around forty minutes now.

Back
Top Bottom