Who has got an iPhone 6 or 6 plus?

Hi guys, my contract is up for renewal and I am trying to decide whether to trade my 5 for a 6 or a 6 plus.

Has anyone got either of these phones? What do you think of them, and what influenced your choice?

Thanks for looking.

Got a six (6) up from a 5s a fantastic leap in terms of screen size, makes a huge difference also paired with IOS 8 system brilliant.

Not a fan of the 6 plus to big "looks like mini tablet" to big for pockets & difficult to wrap your hand around.

Charles U.K

If you have an Apple Store nearby, I highly recommend getting your contract upgrade through them. It means you have your consumer law protection with them and it's much easier to deal with them if you are out of warranty vs your network provider.

mattyb240 said:
If you have an Apple Store nearby, I highly recommend getting your contract upgrade through them. It means you have your consumer law protection with them and it's much easier to deal with them if you are out of warranty vs your network provider.

Normally I would agree with you, however, my company has a 20% discount with Vodafone for all employees, but I have to get the phone directly from Vodafone.

I have a 6 plus. When I got my 5 I was actually disappointed with the size increase. Happy with the bigger of the two this time. It usually is a 2 handed operation but you can manage with one as a double tap on the home button brings the screen down half way. I also wanted the longer battery life that the 6 plus has. And it does fit in your pocket. Well it fits in my trouser pocket ok anyway. Haven't held a 6 so can't compare.

I went from a 4S to a 6, picking the 6 up in store on launch day. The 6+ was way to big for my liking.

Absolutely love it, worth going in store to compare the size personally though.

I have a 6, if apple decide in the future to increase the size...I'm out.
The 5 was a lovely size to handle, my thumb could reach the opposite top corner without changing the grip I had on the phone, the 6 I have to release my grip a little to reach the far corner. But the screen is a revelation, it just makes up for the loss in ergonomics.

Also I put the 6 straight into the apple leather case, it's too slippery without it and with that momentary loosening of the grip when going for the opposite to corner it would have hit the deck sooner or later.

Overall it's a good phone, much better battery life than the 5, takes excellent photos and iOS is nippy on it.

What the future holds for the iPhone now though could be make or break for me.

It's all about screen size, really, isn't it? I know there are other improvements, but that's the key.

I contrast to others here, I've just bought a 5S. I want something that I can slip into a pocket. For now I'm happy to have a separate phone and tablet. The functions overlap, but (as yet) don't coincide.

jaycey said:
The 5 was a lovely size to handle, my thumb could reach the opposite top corner without changing the grip I had on the phone, the 6 I have to release my grip a little to reach the far corner. But the screen is a revelation, it just makes up for the loss in ergonomics.

Also I put the 6 straight into the apple leather case, it's too slippery without it and with that momentary loosening of the grip when going for the opposite to corner it would have hit the deck sooner or later.

Overall it's a good phone, much better battery life than the 5, takes excellent photos and iOS is nippy on it.

Totally agree, I've had iPhones for years now but I'll not be going any bigger than the 6. The reason I didn't upgrade from the 4S to the 5 series was due to the size increasing. Obviously had to bite the bullet with the 6, maybe due it being slimmer it doesn't feel so big but if I can't fit a phone in my pocket it's no good to me.

I really don't get the current "phablet" fetish, yes a big screen is nice for the internet etc however I mostly do that at home where I have an iPad. Out and about I want a device that I can use with one hand and that fits comfortably in my pocket.

^ I'm with you on this one Chris. I currently gave an iPhone 5s and it's on the limit size wise for me. I can use it comfortably (just), with one hand but I think anything bigger would be a no-no

I saw a lady yesterday with a Samsung something. It was huge, stupidly huge.

Handy, if you're her other half and sending saucy pictures of your gentlemans sausage. Very flattering.

It should come with it's own backpack, it would never fit in your pocket. Unless you're a clown, then happy days.

I've got an iphone 4, which is perfect size really.

Its completely a matter of personal preference. I have the 6 and its a perfect size in my opinion. In fact i picked up my old 5 the other day and couldn't believe how small it looked :-/ funny how you get used to things.
To me the 6 plus is just too big but others (including my dad) prefer it. It does have some better features ie image stabilising etc but i would get yourself to any high street phone shop and have a look and hold of them and decide for yourself what will suit you.

jaycey said:

Jaycey you might be interested to know that the 6 and 6 plus have a feature that gets around the problem of having to reach for the top of the screen. Double tap the home button (dont actually press it just tap your finger on it twice) this will bring the top of the screen down to half way so it can easily be reached :)

gazzdid said:
Its completely a matter of personal preference. I have the 6 and its a perfect size in my opinion. In fact i picked up my old 5 the other day and couldn't believe how small it looked :-/ funny how you get used to things.
To me the 6 plus is just too big but others (including my dad) prefer it. It does have some better features ie image stabilising etc but i would get yourself to any high street phone shop and have a look and hold of them and decide for yourself what will suit you.

jaycey said:

Jaycey you might be interested to know that the 6 and 6 plus have a feature that gets around the problem of having to reach for the top of the screen. Double tap the home button (dont actually press it just tap your finger on it twice) this will bring the top of the screen down to half way so it can easily be reached :)

Hey, thanks very much. That makes things easier!
I bet there's a fair few other tricks I could do with learning!

Back
Top Bottom