Who else thinks the new Ferrari F1 car is rather ugly

So after seeing the new mclaren F1 and falling in love with it, and even the force indian is pretty gorgeous, the new Ferrari is a...how can I put this...disappointment! its just ugly! possibly fast but ugly!

I do think it's the ugliest car unveiled yet, we haven't seen the HRT yet though.

I thought the Caterham was fairly ugly, but considering the budget difference compared to Ferrari they have done a pretty good job. The McLaren certainly looks the best one so far, can't wait to see how they perform on Track.

Button to win the World Championship this year, you heard it here first.

The stepped nose is due to a new safety reg. on the height of the nose - concerns about cars flying when they hit the rear of the car in front (Webber, Valencia 2010), and also because there were fears that, in a side impact, the nose was at the same height as the raised sides of the cockpit, so there was a risk of the nose piercing the sides and hitting the drivers' head. For 2013, the bulkhead will be lowered to remove the step.

Lose the beard said:
The McLaren doesn't have the stepped nose though, they've designed around it with a sloping front nose, it looks much better.

We'll wait to see if it will work or not though.

They've opted to lower the bulkhead as a design decision - most other teams don't use that feature, hence the step. Next years' regs. will mandate the lower bulkhead, at least according to my copy of AUTOSPORT which arrived in the post yesterday.

Wonder if the lower bulk head increases grounding risk? Even so if force India make a nicer looking car you know they have a problem.I get looks ain't everything,but there is something to be said for a good looking car being fast.the brawn being an example. I agree about Button.I feel Hamilton just doesn't do well with a fast team mate.

Hamilton likes to be number 1. When he isn't he sulks and acts like a spoilt teenager. Just my opinion of course.
I think it will be close between Button and Vettel this year, and I hope Button gets a competitive car.

I actually rather like it. I like that it's not even attempting to look pretty, with that hanging dropped nose protruding a foot beyond what looks normal, and the right angles... Oh, the right angles!

It's like the designers thought: "we've had a rubbish car for the last two seasons, and we've just been thrown a bunch of new design limitations. Let's just tear up the old designs and start a new blueprint. Screw pretty, let's build something exciting."

Looks head on like one of those giant whale sharks that coast through the water with there jaws wide open. Just my opinion and yes looks ugly......So Chris do you actually think it looks ugly or not ?? I am aware the regs have changed.
Regards,
Pete

Back
Top Bottom