White stuff on razor after shaving

Hi all,

After I have a shave I've noticed I get this White stuff on the head of my razors.

With my 33C, due to it's 3 peice design, cleaning was never a problem but now I've been using a flairtip, cleaning this residue is a bit of a nightmare and is effecting my OCD nature!

Is there a easy way of removing this after a shave without getting the cotton buds out??!

Please help!

I think it is left over cream. Just wondering if I could pop the razor into something and take it out nice and clean rather then trying to get it out with cotton buds!

Soap scum. If you get it after only one or two shaves (after having cleaned a razor), you have quite hard water. Shaving soap consists primarily of fatty acid salts. Sodium and potassium salts of fatty acids are water soluble. These will react with calcium and magnesium in hard water to give calcium and magnesium salts of fatty acids, which are not water soluble and will consequently deposit on your razor and blade, as well as on your sink - check the sink, there will be a line of soap scum about where your shaving water level usually is...

I have water that need a chissel, I have to detarter the kettle every week, and it's completely white inside.

Yes; I also get a lot of soap scum, hence the vinegar for cleaning razors, which is great for detartering anything.

Max

I have soft water but I do notice the white coating more with some soaps than others, Tabac and Tallow soaps seem to show a buld up the quickest. I just give them all a quick clean when changing blade, takes 2 mins and means it is ready for the next time you want to use it.

I have noticed this too from the shaving soap/cream I use. I clean this white build up off my flare tip rocket with a soft toothbrush every time I change a blade.

Also on cleaning TTO razors I read an old Gillette instruction sheet posted on the net some where that after shaving loosen the doors a little then rinse under a running tap. Oh and don't forget to close them after because the next shave will be messy :p

Back
Top Bottom