Whisky suggestions

Talisker Skye for me tonight. It takes a fair bit from the bourbon casks, sweet, smoke flavour and a nice warmth.

Clearly I've given no thought to the fact I must be up for work in the morning. Still, they've had plenty from me. No guilt, just the headache.
That's a favourite of mine, currently on offer at Waitrose for £25 as luck would have it!

Polished off a bottle of this the other night, really good stuff for the price (£35 IIRC?)

glen-scotia-campbeltown-harbour-whisky.jpg

Deanston 12 is a cracker. Also worth considering are Arran 10 and Tobermory 12, both in your price range ( Arran less than £40 if you shop around) Ledaig 12 is also distilled at Tobermory but is peated.
For something a wee bit different, but still in your range, The Gauldrons is a blended Campbeltown malt by Duncan Laing. Also available as cask strength for ~£55.
I believe all the above are non-chill filtered, natural colour and around 46% abv.
Happy drinking!

Deanston 12 is a cracker. Also worth considering are Arran 10 and Tobermory 12, both in your price range ( Arran less than £40 if you shop around) Ledaig 12 is also distilled at Tobermory but is peated.
For something a wee bit different, but still in your range, The Gauldrons is a blended Campbeltown malt by Duncan Laing. Also available as cask strength for ~£55.
I believe all the above are non-chill filtered, natural colour and around 46% abv.
Happy drinking!
I've had the Arran 10 on the radar for a few years but never bought it, looks a goodun. The Tobermory looks nice and I'll investigate the gauldrons . Cheers :)

I picked up a bottle of this from them a couple of weeks back; and it's different from your run of the mill malt....

SingularWhisky_1800x1800.jpg
That looks really interesting, how do the absinthe casks affect it? Does it have aniseed notes?

That looks really interesting, how do the absinthe casks affect it? Does it have aniseed notes?
On the nose from the bottle I get mainly absinthe, once aired in the glass, you still get absinthe in the first instance on the nose and on the palette but then the subtle Spreyside malt comes through. The distillery had produced an absinthe and had the casks, so they thought they'd see what'd happen and how it'd turn out. It certainly won't be to everyone's liking....

Happy drinking!
Bruce don’t you have a distillery just i’ll the road from yourself ? can’t remember the name

Back
Top Bottom