Which soap to use with Brut?

Wickhams 1912 Irish Fern would work well to my nose. If you do decide to go international Mama Bear Brute is a glycerine soap which smells identical to the Faberge of the 1960s.

JohnnyO. o/

Payday tomorrow :rolleyes: Have pretty much got everything I wanted to try under the 5 mark - my friend just came back from Spain with la toja sticks and cream and I'm fairly certain I just fell in love with a soap :D

Good job I keep lists, really. Would be better if I stuck to the lists. I get the feeling that phase 2 (£5-£15) things are about to get a little messy. MWF is number 2 on my list. Right behind D.R Harris Sandalwood to go with the AS (first AS I picked up for wet shaving putposes). P&B sample pack somewhere in between. Eyeing up 1kg of cella too... But I need a scuttle still so that may have to wait :D

Woe is me :(

Gonna have to go and watch some haslinger lather videos now :cool:

I'm already running out of space on my shelf. I think I need more storage space in the bathroom.
Definitely give the Phoenix and Beau a try. I just got Albion in the mail, and it's amazing! Far superior than I was expecting.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Wickhams 1912 Irish Fern would work well to my nose. If you do decide to go international Mama Bear Brute is a glycerine soap which smells identical to the Faberge of the 1960s.

JohnnyO. o/

I already want to try classic 24, club cola and citrus Musk from Wickham... I knew phase two would be messy

I haven't had the pleasure of experiencing the old stuff... Not to my knowledge anyway. Had my first whiff a couple of days ago and figured I'd give it a burst. 80's baby. Just. Might take a look at Mama Bear, although I wasn't planning to look stateside for a while... Need to try and keep costs down somehow and shipping on a few orders can mean the difference in an extra product or not - a point I feel is crucial to this stage of my new found obsession.

http://colonialoffice-ws.blogspot.com/2015/05/review-creme-de-barbear-brut-pele.html

1. Made & sold only in Brazil

2. No one there exports shaving stuff that I have found.

Yes.
But the production of this shaving cream finish in 2015/2016.
I contacted the manufacturer (Dana do Brasil) and was informed that the cream was discontinued.
So, I updated the list of the creams produced in Brazil today.
Brut Classic - Distribuição suspensa no BR segundo o SAC da Dana. RIP
Brut Pele Sensível - Distribuição suspensa no BR segundo o SAC da Dana. RIP

Here: http://colonialoffice-ws.blogspot.com.br/2015/05/listagem-de-cremes-de-barbear-em.html

PS. Sorry for my bad english.

Last edited:
I guess you bought the Original Brut right?

The original is a Fougère an will partner with any Fougère soap.

I started of wetshaving with Palmolive and Brut Original and two year and many soaps and splashes later I still use this combination.

Yup, went for the original. Will give this pair a go soon. Have gone off Palmolive the last couple of days... giving off a bit of a mossy/mouldy flavour.

Back
Top Bottom