Which Slant?

Just had my first shave with the ATT S1 slant. I am usually reluctant to judge any new bit of equipment on a single try, but this razor is sweeet! I have just tied my own personal best shave on the first trial. I did cut myself slightly, right on the corner of the mouth there, but that was just learning the feel. I think that this is really the only shaving experience I've had that could easily produce a DFS with only two passes.
I was getting my BBS shaves by using a very mild razor (Feather AS-D2) and doing a lot of buffing. This more aggressive razor still feels mild, but the first pass winds up being so close that you don't need to re-visit that area. It's still early days, and I want to approach that ATG upper lip pass with considerable care.
It's an exquisite razor (looks like a surgeon's tool) and when you first insert the blade it appears that the cutting edge is not parallel to the comb, but it is, and all is as it should be. I shaved exactly as I would with any new, un-tried razor, and no special skill beyond standard DE shaving technique is required.
~

Slants range from mild to aggressive. Adjustables can obviously be altered to your preference. Something like the Merkur 37c mentioned here is in my opinion a mild/medium aggressive slant for example.

Back
Top Bottom