Which Simpson knot?

Now i'm thinking of buying either a Simpson M7 or a Duke 3 two band, but what i want is your opinion regarding the different knots those two brushes come with and what would you choose when given the option, now the one i'm leaning to is the M7 silvertip with a 22.5 knot and a 50mm loft, also available in two band with exactly the same size knot.

Jamie

Morning Jamie,

I have an M7 silvertip and a Duke 3 2 band and my personal preference would be to go for the Duke 3. The handle is just perfect and the knot is amazing. Just right on loft, density and softness.

The M7 has a tad too much loft for me, I'm talking 2mm too much but because of this, it's a great all round brush.

The M7 is nice too but the Duke suits me more.

Either way Jamie, you can't go wrong with any.

I don't have an M7 but I've had a D32B for a couple of years and I echo Dipesh's comments, specs change over the years but pound for pound it's probably the best brush they make.

An M7 2B would be a lovely brush I think. You'd need to speak to Mark though and ask him how it compared in density to a Duke knot.

If I was to compare my M7 to my Duke 3 in best (this is pretty much as like for like my collection will go), the duke is more dense.

But that being said, density isn't the be all and end all, i imagine the M7 to be adequately dense so it's not going to be an issue and will still perform great.

One thing to note, shaving.ie has some of these D3's in super 2 band and the material they are made out of really has a lovely pink hue. It looks fantastic.

antdad said:
I don't have an M7 but I've had a D32B for a couple of years and I echo Dipesh's comments, specs change over the years but pound for pound it's probably the best brush they make.

Does the knot in the D32B have a similar feel to a smaller Chubby 2 2-band? Could it be my holygrail Chubby 1.5 2-band?

The knot in my Duke 3 best really doesnt feel the same as my chubby 2 2-band (and its not just about the type of hair used).

Sorry for asking the same question in various places on the board :blush:

It was probably the holy grail then, now that Simpson are producing numerous 2 band and Manchurian offerings it probably isn't now.

I don't know how to respond to your second question, it's a totally different brush so I'd expect it to feel very different.

Back
Top Bottom