Which one as a 1st shaving soap ?

If you want a nice wooden bowl to go with it you can't go far wrong with C&E soaps and if you like the flavour you can get balm and aftershave to match later
http://www.crabtree-evelyn.co.uk/men/mens-shaving/sienna-shave-soap-in-a-bowl-100g-218009.html

Also you can buy a puck of lavender smelling soap in John Lewis for about £3.50 I think it's Vulfix although can't swear on it but lathers up a treat

Been back to reading this now that I ve tried proraso green soft soap (very satisfied with it) and wanted your expertise on something.

I love TOBS creams and was thinking of trying their sandalwood soap as well, but suddenly hit me that noone suggested TOBS soap in here.

How come ? Is it due to not being the ideal as a "first" soap as my original request or do they not perform well ?

Thanks

You could Erasmic shaving soap in a bowl. It's only around £2 for a 75g disc, and creates a rich lather very easily. Most high street chemists sell it, or buy on line.

TOBS are a good value product but I have only ever tried the creams, you can get better creams but again they are usually more expensive. I would personally recommend Jermyn street, eton college or avocado.

Gairdner said:
Tabac budget? What would be Palmolive at 50p then?

Sorry Graeme, overpriced! I hate the stench and that of Arco! :icon_wink:
My favourite budget soaps are Proraso, Monsavon, Speik and MWF (if you don't opt for the ceramic dish). However, my favourite soap is MdC but it's hardly budget but seems it'll last forevever!

Scott.

Back
Top Bottom